Create a guest Wi-Fi network with only WAN access?

riahc3
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 10:03    Post subject: Create a guest Wi-Fi network with only WAN access? Reply with quote
I tried the guide in the wiki and it did not work.

What is the best way to create a guest Wi-Fi network with only WAN access and no LAN access?

BTW, I want to clarify that it STOPPED working after upgrading to a newer build.
Sponsor
riahc3
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 10:21    Post subject: Reply with quote
My iptables:

#Allow guest bridge access to Internet
iptables -I FORWARD -i br1 -m state --state NEW -j ACCEPT
iptables -I FORWARD -p tcp --tcp-flags SYN,RST SYN -j TCPMSS --clamp-mss-to-pmtu
#Block access between private and guest
iptables -I FORWARD -i br0 -o br1 -m state --state NEW -j DROP
iptables -I FORWARD -i br1 -d `nvram get lan_ipaddr`/`nvram get lan_netmask` -m state --state NEW -j DROP
#NAT to make Internet work
iptables -t nat -I POSTROUTING -o br0 -j SNAT --to `nvram get lan_ipaddr`
#Block torrent and p2p
iptables -I FORWARD -p tcp -s 192.168.88.0/24 -m connlimit --connlimit-above 50 -j DROP
iptables -I FORWARD -p ! tcp -s 192.168.88.0/24 -m connlimit --connlimit-above 25 -j DROP
#Block guest access to router services
iptables -I INPUT -i br1 -p tcp --dport telnet -j REJECT --reject-with tcp-reset
iptables -I INPUT -i br1 -p tcp --dport ssh -j REJECT --reject-with tcp-reset
iptables -I INPUT -i br1 -p tcp --dport www -j REJECT --reject-with tcp-reset
iptables -I INPUT -i br1 -p tcp --dport https -j REJECT --reject-with tcp-reset
mrjcd
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 13:15    Post subject: Reply with quote
If this is a 'gateway' router (WAN is Enabled) and you are using newest build you should be able to get rid of all the custom firewall rules and click button for net isolation.
It would work best to get rid of the br1 and use unbridged in the wireless settings. After you do that just add multiple DHCP for correct interface in Networking page and do a reboot.
rcblackwell
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 14:48    Post subject: Reply with quote
mrjcd wrote:
If this is a 'gateway' router (WAN is Enabled) and you are using newest build you should be able to get rid of all the custom firewall rules and click button for net isolation.
It would work best to get rid of the br1 and use unbridged in the wireless settings. After you do that just add multiple DHCP for correct interface in Networking page and do a reboot.

Thank you for this tip. This set-up is much easier for me to understand. My routers configuration has been changed to that noted above.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> General Questions All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: