Rv traveler

Chris717
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 17:19    Post subject: Rv traveler Reply with quote
Hello Everyone!

First of I have searched the forum and not been able to find a recent answer to my questions. A little background. I am a traveler (RV) that uses x*ity and the wifi. I am also a gamer and streamer. I know there is a way to use a router with DD-WRT to relay the x*ity signal to improve signal strength and reliability. Here is the meat and potatoes.
I am thinking a dual radio router with external antennas and an outdoor omni-directional hi-gain antenna is best. I also know that I want the router to log in to the wifi splash screen but have the other devices only log in to the router and not need to log on to x*ity splash screen themselves. I also know that I will need to use a MAC of something like a PC.

And now the questions, which I am sure that some of you will have the expertise to answer.

1. What router(s) would be a good choice?
2. What outdoor antenna would be a good choice?
3. How do I know which antenna connector on the router to hook the external antenna to?

Thank you for your assistance!
Sponsor
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> General Questions All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: