Archer C7v2 as AP for pfSense Slow iperf & MyBookLive is

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
archer_over
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 21:31    Post subject: Archer C7v2 as AP for pfSense Slow iperf & MyBookLive is Reply with quote
So I just set up DD-WRT on my Archer C7v2 last night. All is working.

As stated it is just working as an AP for my pfSense router.

Very cool stuff in DD-WRT! I switched over to get access to VLANs on my C7. (Although I haven't set that up yet).

The issue is that iPerf performance is not great over WiFi.
2.4GHz ~ 90Mbps max
5.0GHz ~ 230Mbps max

Channels & Channel Width aren't the issue (unless there's some DD-WRT specific oddities) because I tried it on the same settings in stock firmware and it was actually even slower than I posted above.
I switched to the UNII-3 band, 149 UU VHT 80, 30 dBm to get 230Mbps, that's as good as I could get. I did try all the UNII ranges at high dBm (US Region) and 16 dBm, on 20, 40, 80 Channel Widths using the QCA Wireless Settings valid channels for VHT80.

It's set to AC/N-mixed (did try AC only with no notable improvement).

Obviously the CPU isn't the issue, pfSense is doing all the work and just about everything is turned off on the Archer C7.

Why is DD-WRT so slow for me? Can I fix this or is just the reality?

Second issue is that I have a 2TB WD MyBookLive NAS on a gigabit Ethernet connection (on the Archer C7 switch). It worked just fine on stock firmware.
On DD-WRT it asks for a username/pass. I entered the username/pass configured on the MyBookLive for both user and admin and it just pops right back up again.
To configure it I went to
Admin / Management > CIFS Automount
Enable
192.168.x.x/
username
password
startup script=blank

Services / NAS > SAMBA Server
Enable
MyBookLive
WORKGROUP

Why isn't this working on DD-WRT, what am I doing wrong?
Sponsor
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: