Advice needed...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
ianpat
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 6:48    Post subject: Advice needed... Reply with quote
Hi all, I was wondering if it would be possible to use my USB tv tuner attached to my router

Router: TPLink WDR3600 v1
TV Tuner: Astrometa AMDVB-T2 v2 chips: R828D (RF tuner), MN88473 (demodulator), RTL2832P (USB-bridge + DVB-T demodulator)

The chips (specifically the mandatory one for my needs MN88473) have mainline kernel support only in the 4.x versions of the kernel.
I am looking for advice...is it possible to compile for eg. a 4.9 kernel version for my specific router into which is already included the support needed? Or whatever other solutions one can propose...

I have (imo) good knowledge of linux stuff, programming, however I don't want to reinvent the wheel, since in this area of DDWRT i am a complete novice... and likely i will kill my router in no time.

Thanks!
Sponsor
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: