[solved] Flashing tp-link tl-wr1043ND

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
BigMan200
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 18:09    Post subject: [solved] Flashing tp-link tl-wr1043ND Reply with quote
I have the router TP-Link tl-wr1043.
Since I bought it quite some years ago, I cannot remember if I left it with the original firmeware or if I flashed a newer dd-wrt version in the meantime. Anyhow, the WebQui says: Firmware: DD-WRT v24-sp2 (08/07/10) std.

Now, if have seen on the dd-wrt database, that there are newer files. But because I cannot remember if it has currently the original factory firmeware, I don't know which one to take:
factory-to-ddwrt.bin or tl-wr1043nd-webflash.bin???

Further, when I updated recently another router (Linksys wrtgl54), I was recommended in this forum not to use the database and following link had been suggested to use instead (which worked perfectly): ftp://ftp.dd-wrt.com/betas/2017/04-06-2017-r31825/broadcom/dd-wrt.v24_vpn_generic.bin

So I am now wondering, if also for my TP-Link I shouldn't use the database.

Last edited by BigMan200 on Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:26; edited 2 times in total
Sponsor
Alozaros
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 22:17    Post subject: Reply with quote
use the link to the ftp site database is outdated

if you are already on dd wrt use the other file
factory to dd wrt is only for first flash

TP-Link WR1043NDv2 -Gargoyle OS 1.15.x AP,DNS,QoS,Quotas
Qualcomm-Atheros
Netgear XR500 --DD-WRT 55779 Gateway/DoH,Forced DNS,AP Isolation,4VLAN,Ad-Block,Firewall,Vanilla
Netgear R7800 --DD-WRT 55819 Gateway/DoT,AD-Block,Forced DNS,AP&Net Isolation,x3VLAN,Firewall,Vanilla
Netgear R9000 --DD-WRT 55779 Gateway/DoT,AD-Block,AP Isolation,Firewall,Forced DNS,x2VLAN,Vanilla
Broadcom
Netgear R7000 --DD-WRT 55460 Gateway/SmartDNS/DoH,AD-Block,Firewall,Forced DNS,x3VLAN,VPN
NOT USING 5Ghz ANYWHERE
------------------------------------------------------
Stubby DNS over TLS I DNSCrypt v2 by mac913
BigMan200
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 9:11    Post subject: Reply with quote
Alozaros wrote:
use the link to the ftp site database is outdated

if you are already on dd wrt use the other file
factory to dd wrt is only for first flash

Thanks for your reply.
Yes, I am already on dd-wrt. But the TL-wr1043ND was originally shipped with dd-wrt firmeware. And I just figured out, that I bought it in 2011. Since on the top-right of the WebGui, it says "Firmware: DD-WRT v24-sp2 (08/07/10) std", I assume its firmeware is from 2010. So, it seems I never updated it, and the original factory firmeware is still on it. Hence I will go with factory-to-ddwrt.bin despite dd-wrt is already on it ... and I'll cross my fingers that I don't brick it.

Quick note (for anybody else, who may also like to update his TP-LinK tl-wr1043ND: the ftp-link above is for a different router. In general, all the firmewares from the ftp-site can be browsed by the following start url: ftp://ftp.dd-wrt.com/betas/
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: