Wifi Access point and unbriged guest wifi on a R7000

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
hojo11
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 10:10    Post subject: Wifi Access point and unbriged guest wifi on a R7000 Reply with quote
Dear dd wrt community,

I hope I haven't overseen a topic covering exactly what I'm trying to do, but so far I'm stuck.
What I'm trying to do:
R7000 - DD-WRT v3.0 --- 31690
We have an internal business network, through which we don't want any private business being routed.
As we have extended our offices inside the building (office A (old) far out of wlan range of office B (new)) we have a wired connection of the internal Network into our new offices (from A to B) and this network should be broadcasted as internal company network inside the new offices. Network connected to Port 1 of the R7000 - that is working well.
Therefore the R7000 is configured as a DHCP Forwarder and has got a fixed IP which is also fixed in our main router (in office A). Both two wireless interfaces are configured regarding our needs (APs with WPA2 Personal + AES).
Now the tricky part:
We also want an independent guest interent connection in the new office B - which should be separated from our internal network.
Therefore we have a second internet connection in the new office B with a static IP adress. This connection is also working and connected to the R7000's WAN port.
What I'm trying to achieve now is setting up a virtual wireless interface wl0.1 which is unbridged from the parent wireless interface (Multicast as well as forced DNS redirection are off/ Masquerade as well as Net Isolation are on). Also amongst Setup/Networking there is a DHCPD server configured for the virtual wlan wl0.1 using a different subnet than the main network (10.0.4.x instead of 10.0.1.x).
Connecting to the internal company network broadcasted as wlan is working fine, nevertheless it is impossible to connect to the virtual guest wlan. It's always stuck with obtaining an IP adress, so therefore I think something with the DHCP server is not working properly.

In short: R7000 as wifi access point broadcasting a given network connected to LAN port 1
Internet connection from ISP with static IP connected to WAN port
Goal: Three wireless networks - two internal ones and one virtual connected only to the internet connection but not the internal network

Has anybody any clue for me what might cause my problem? Is what I'm trying to achieve possible at all - that is does a DHCPD server for a virtual wlan not work if all the router is configured as DHCP forwareder?

Thank you in advance for your help - if I've overseen a topic covering exactly what I'm looking for please point me in the right direction,
Best regards
hojo11
Sponsor
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: