wrt1200ac Wireless authentication problems? WIFI dead

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Marvell MVEBU based Hardware (WRT1900AC etc.)
TheFactory
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 15:48    Post subject: wrt1200ac Wireless authentication problems? WIFI dead Reply with quote
I have a wrt1200ac set up as an the wireless access point for a separate firewall appliance. I think I had it set up before as described in the ddwrt wiki. The other night wifi dropped out completely. I couldn't even talk to the router if I plugged into it with a cable. There are other computers hooked up to the firewall appliance(ethernet) and they worked fine.

I did a 30/30/30 reset on the router and reconfigured everything like the wiki said, used the same SSID, password, and aes encryption as before(AP mode, wan port set to switch, dhcp disabled). I can see the ssid broadcast but when I try and connect to it I get authentication errors.

None of my devices trying to connect have descriptive answers beyond 'check authentication settings' so I cant offer up more detail.

If I plug a device in with an ethernet cable to the router it works as a switch just fine. The only thing that seems broken is the wifi.

My next option was to reflash the router with ddwrt. Its currently on build v3.0-r30796 std. Perhaps something got corrupted?

Looking back, the girlfriend had mentioned the wifi would drop out randomly but I could never duplicate the situation. I had assumed it was because she had a really old macbook with a tired NIC. Perhaps this has been a growing problem?
Sponsor
vit5421
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 17:40    Post subject: Reply with quote
U are on the very old build with wifi problems. Please try the latest build
ftp://ftp.dd-wrt.com/betas/2017/

BTW, 30/30/30 reset is not good for new routers. Please try reset or Factory Defaults restore if need it
TheFactory
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 18:27    Post subject: Reply with quote
Good to know about the 30/30/30 I was just following recommendations online. Also good to know about the build I was using. I didnt bother updating it since it was behind the firewall and didnt want to deal with mucking anything up if it worked anyways.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Marvell MVEBU based Hardware (WRT1900AC etc.) All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: