TP-Link TL-WA854RE Rev. V1 (Unofficial Support)

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

For development of a build specifically for this device, DD-WRT team needs one in hands, so what's better ?
We donate money so they could buy a device themselves.
73%
 73%  [ 30 ]
Donate a repeater ( if someone has one that get's dust).
26%
 26%  [ 11 ]
Total Votes : 41

emepe
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 18:43    Post subject: Just upgraded Reply with quote
Hi,

Just to say thanks to VSparxx & GreyDoc, and in general to all the DD-WRT colleagues.
I've just upgraded my inestable TL-WA854RE Rev. V1 to DD-WRT using the FW attached to GreyDoc's 2n post in this thread.
Till now everything is Ok. I'm using a "Repeater Bridge" config. Smile

Thanks again
Sponsor
patator
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 1:15    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hello, just want to say thanks to Grydoc and VSparxx !

It worked like a charm (on the first try once I used the link that magically appeared after I logged Smile

I now have a repeater on which devices can see each other from each side of the repeater, which stock firmware failed to do, and they can access internet!

Many many thanks !

For those who have the filename error, I had it when trying to use tl-wa901ndv3-webflash.bin upfront, the first firmware to download is called: factory-to-ddwrt-wa854rev1.bin
kokotonix
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 12:18    Post subject: Reply with quote
I've came back here after a long period of absence, just to reforce my thanks:

I have converted my TPLINK wa854re rev1, into dd-wrt using the guide of the first post in past 14th of August 2016.
7 months working great without a single filure ! Very Happy

The main router has failed several times, it was even replaced.
We had a major power failure in the network, some weeks ago.
But my wa854 (now wa901ndv3 Wink) has never failed.
(working as a client (ath0) and ap (ath0.1))

AWESOME !

Thank you all.

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
loafy
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 20:46    Post subject: any support for TL-WA855RE? Reply with quote
hi -

I've been reading the threads looking for an alternative for the stock firmware for the TP-WA855RE and tried a number of bin files such as openwrt-ar71xx-generic-tl-wa850re-v1-squashfs-factory.bin and openwrt-15.05-ar71xx-generic-tl-wa850re-v1-squashfs-factory.bin but get a checksum error each time when trying to flash the unit.

these bin files were referenced for the WA850 but I was hoping the WA855 was essentially the same.

I've just seen this thread about the 854 and thought I would post to see if anyone knows anything.

I have used DD-WRT in the past on some linksys products and really like the flexibility and stability and was hoping to get my new unit operating much more reliably

I appreciate any suggestions - thanks!
VSparxx
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 21:31    Post subject: Re: any support for TL-WA855RE? Reply with quote
loafy wrote:
hi -

I've been reading the threads looking for an alternative for the stock firmware for the TP-WA855RE and tried a number of bin files such as openwrt-ar71xx-generic-tl-wa850re-v1-squashfs-factory.bin and openwrt-15.05-ar71xx-generic-tl-wa850re-v1-squashfs-factory.bin but get a checksum error each time when trying to flash the unit.

these bin files were referenced for the WA850 but I was hoping the WA855 was essentially the same.

I've just seen this thread about the 854 and thought I would post to see if anyone knows anything.

I have used DD-WRT in the past on some linksys products and really like the flexibility and stability and was hoping to get my new unit operating much more reliably

I appreciate any suggestions - thanks!

Hi, I suggest starting a new thread with the appropriate information about your device as this is the fastest way to get help and a reply if it's possible or not to get dd-wrt on your device.
Cheers
omerdeniz99
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2017 12:09    Post subject: Reply with quote
TL-WA854RE DD-WRT UPGRADE LATEST 03-30-2017(r31791)

Link:ftp://ftp.dd-wrt.com/betas/2017/03-30-2017-r31791/tplink_tl-wa901ndv3/tl-wa901ndv3-webflash.bin

NOTE:DD-WRT already installed you can upgrade this version

TESTED WORKING
Plauto
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 20:03    Post subject: Reply with quote
omerdeniz99 wrote:
TL-WA854RE DD-WRT UPGRADE LATEST 03-30-2017(r31791)

Link:ftp://ftp.dd-wrt.com/betas/2017/03-30-2017-r31791/tplink_tl-wa901ndv3/tl-wa901ndv3-webflash.bin

NOTE:DD-WRT already installed you can upgrade this version

TESTED WORKING

As reported by omerdeniz99, I wanted to confirm that version r31791 is working for the device.
VSparxx
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 21:11    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thanks for trying new builds and reporting back, I updated the first post but please everyone else be aware that the last beta build 31791 glitched 2 times on my repeater, where the connection just hung and I had to hard reboot the repeater to make it work again.

I also have a question to everyone still following this thread, should I update on the last working upgrade builds in the first post or is it better to be done just be replying to the general thread as i'm not sure there is anyone checking the first post on this matter .
marcop
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2017 10:57    Post subject: dd-wrt for tl-wa854re ver 2.0 Reply with quote
I just tried to flash using the firmwares provided on this post, but unfortunately i had no success.
[/img]

I am open to test a firmware on the router, and try to have dd-wrt working on it.

Thanks
VSparxx
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2017 22:13    Post subject: Re: dd-wrt for tl-wa854re ver 2.0 Reply with quote
marcop wrote:
I just tried to flash using the firmwares provided on this post, but unfortunately i had no success.
[/img]

I am open to test a firmware on the router, and try to have dd-wrt working on it.

Thanks

Your device is the second revision which has a locked down bootloader ( not sure if it's successfully flashable now as wasn't following the works on it, if any were made ) , anyway the firmwares available here are for the first revision only.
romeok
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 20:00    Post subject: Re: welll... Reply with quote
solbg wrote:
ok.. so.. I flashed the firmware and updated with the tl-wa901ndv3-webflash.bin VSparxx so nicely provided and it works... well up to the point where i try set it up and then well ... I follow the instructions from the firs then the second tutorial (separately)but the moment i hit apply and i cant see the repeater ssid and have to hard reset the whole thing to see it again ... tried a couple other tutorials on youtube but nothing. I tried to apply every step of the setup to see where it all goes south and i can pin point it to when i choose bridged connection. Help please.

Hi, i don't know if it's too late for you, but i've had the same problem today. When hitting apply i couldn't see the SSID of the AP anymore and i had to hard reset everytime. After some time i realised that under Wireless Basic Settings / Wireless Physical Interface ath0 / advanced settings, the Regulatory Domain was set to United States (i'm from germany). So i set it to Germany and since then it is working like a charm (in Client mode).

I realised it so late, because first i was testing in bridge-mode (which had the 30 seconds disconnection problem) and there it was set to germany automatically all the time, no SSID disappearing, so i haven't checked that Region option when i switched to client mode later :p

I hope this is helpful for someone.
Plauto
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 16:44    Post subject: Reply with quote
VSparxx wrote:
Thanks for trying new builds and reporting back, I updated the first post but please everyone else be aware that the last beta build 31791 glitched 2 times on my repeater, where the connection just hung and I had to hard reboot the repeater to make it work again.

I also have a question to everyone still following this thread, should I update on the last working upgrade builds in the first post or is it better to be done just be replying to the general thread as i'm not sure there is anyone checking the first post on this matter .

I'd prefer the update notices on the first page, maybe with something eye-catching highlighting the new version - the page is a little cluttered...
rmnhg
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2017 15:01    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi guys
Last year I was searching for a custom firmware for this repeater and I found it, I followed the instructions and until now I have been enjoying working DD-WRT on this machine Very Happy.

I want to thank you very much, specially to VSparxx for starting this and maintaining it alive and GreyDoc for porting the first build which led us to this. This firmware is awesome and works like a charm Very Happy.

If you need something to improve the porting just tell me, I have some linux skills with kernel, maybe I can help Wink
shiner88
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2017 9:54    Post subject: Slow Wifi Reply with quote
Hi,

I've flashed DD-wrt on my WA854RE,
It works great but I have an issue with the wifi speed on the virtual interface.ù

I've followed this guide http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Repeater_Bridge#Qualcomm_Atheros.

My 100Mbit connection works fine on the main wifi network (70Mbit speedtest), but using extended network I only reach 10Mbit.

Here my settings

Any ideas?
Zigardeli
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2017 12:37    Post subject: Re: Slow Wifi Reply with quote
shiner88 wrote:
Hi,

I've flashed DD-wrt on my WA854RE,
It works great but I have an issue with the wifi speed on the virtual interface.ù

I've followed this guide http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Repeater_Bridge#Qualcomm_Atheros.

My 100Mbit connection works fine on the main wifi network (70Mbit speedtest), but using extended network I only reach 10Mbit.

Here my settings

Any ideas?

Fisrt of all your images links are thumbs. Correct images are: https://ibb.co/hJ8Mgk and https://ibb.co/i1GJSQ

Now, backup your settings and test these settings:

Wireless tab -> Basic Settings:
Wireless Mode: Client
Wireless Network Mode: NG-Mixed
Channel Width Dynamic (20/40 MHz)
-Advanced settings:
Regulatory Domain: UNITED STATES
TX Power: 21
Short GI: Enable
WMM Support: Enable
Sensitivity Range (ACK Timing): 50

Virtual Interfaces tab -> Advanced Settings -> WMM Support: Enable

Setup tab -> Basic Setup:
Connection Type: Static IP (Auto DHCP will work too but u have to discover your repeater's IP afterwards)
WAN IP Address: 192.168.1.(you choose but not ur modems number)
Subnet Mask: same as your internet modem
Gateway: Modem's IP (e.g. 192.168.1.1)
Static DNS 1: 8.8.8.8 (Google DNS)
Static DNS 2: 8.8.4.4 (Google DNS)

Local IP Address: 192.168.2.1
Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.0
Gateway: 192.168.2.1 (not sure if this is what is expected here)
Local DNS: 8.8.8.8 (Google DNS)
DHCP Type: DHCP Server
DHCP Server: Enable
Unmark "Use DNSMasq for DHCP" and Use DNSMasq for DNS"

With these settings i managed to achieve 26 Mbit DL and 5Mbit UL speedtest on a 50Mbit DL and 5Mbit UL Line. Modem and repeater where next to each other. Connecting to Modem's wireless i achieve 46Mbit DL and 5Mbit UL speed.
On your modem try to set 40MHz channel width and ShortGI Enabled if available as a setting.
If you manage more bandwidth than this please inform me.

P.S. I have installed Firmware: DD-WRT v3.0-r33215 std (08/25/17).
My model is EU v1.2
https://download1.dd-wrt.com/dd-wrtv2/downloads/betas/2017/08-25-2017-r33215/tplink_tl-wa901ndv3/tl-wa901ndv3-webflash.bin
Seems stable but still having Received (RX) errors on ath0.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 11 of 13
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: