Kong builds what are the best settings for wireless?? R7000

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2
James Greystone
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 12:49    Post subject: Re: Kong builds what are the best settings for wireless?? R7 Reply with quote
tmo1138 wrote:
James Greystone wrote:
I am trying to optimize the signals for 2.4 and 5ghz and was wondering what the best settings are for each frequency.

What are the best adjustments to the other settings?

Mainly my 5ghz signal is weak and I am only 1 room away and this is the better frequency for me.

Also the 5ghz signal will sometimes disappear altogether and I lose internet and it does not show in my available networks?

Thanks in Advance.

I remember a post sometime ago where someone had specific settings for each channel that were working great but I can't find it anymore.

This is what I've done.. unfortunately as has been said here there's no magic bullet..

First I start here:

https://flashrouters.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/225844427-DD-WRT-Wireless-Recommended-Settings

after that I 'fine tune' the settings using a Wi-Fi diagnostic tool on the mac called Wi-Fi explorer.. I'm sure there's a Windows equivalent..

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/wifi-explorer/id494803304?mt=12

I can then figure out what channels will give me the best signal strength.. Because 2.4Ghz is usually the problem child I focus there first.

YMMV, IMHO, this is what works for me, etc etc etc

Thanks this is helpful
Sponsor
Goto page Previous  1, 2 Display posts from previous:    Page 2 of 2
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: