Please help get traffic logging to work on my v5 with micro

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
WATYF
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 15:18    Post subject: Please help get traffic logging to work on my v5 with micro Reply with quote
I swear, if I don't get a #$@#%@ router to give me some @#$#$@% traffic logs soon, I'm gonna go postal. :P

I've been through three routers now, spent countless hours, and still I can't get a single one of them to give me a @#%@#% traffic log. My first one was a netgear, and it kept logs just fine, but the "email log" function didn't work for whatever reason, and the log would empty itself at seemingly random times. Then I went to a WRT54G and found that its traffic log only stores IP address (no url) and that there is no "email log" function. So I got a "level one" router that claimed to have logging and an email function. And guess what?? It did!! It would email the log just fine... unfortunately, the log didn't actually contain any TRAFFIC!!! It was just the stupid router gibberish activity and which ports it blocked and what not, but no "websites visited".

So I go back to the WRT54G (v5, which I found out can only run "micro") and go through the process of installing DD-WRT. Seems to work fine. Get the router up and running, and lo and behold.... NO LOGS. The thing doesn't keep any logs at all (let alone have a function for emailing them). I turned logging on, set all of the options to "On" and the detail to "High", but not once has it logged anything. I view the incoming and outgoing logs, but they're always empty.

I'm willing to use WallWatcher and forgo the "emailing" function, but that doesn't do me any good if the logs are empty.

So.... would someone, for the love of God, tell me how to get logs off of this router.... in fact, I'd settle for someone telling me ANY router that will actually give me freaking TRAFFIC logs and email them to me on a regular basis. Anything... I'm just looking for anything... someone throw me a bone here. :mrgreen:

WATYF
Sponsor
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: