YAMon 3.0... Usage Reporting by device per hr/day/mo

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> General Questions
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 85, 86, 87 ... 149, 150, 151  Next
al_c
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 19:04    Post subject: Reply with quote
JosephAE wrote:
When I review at the Monthly Usage Report page and try to look at a previous month my clicking on the double chevrons it doesn’t respond properly. A new window pops up displaying “Loading Hourly data file…” with sequencing rectangles, along with additional sequencing rectangles over the range of dates that was being displayed that never goes away. I’m using Internet Explorer as my browser. Do I have browser setting wrong or is there a setting for YAMon I’m missing?

Yes... there is a bug on that tab... I can reproduce it which means I'll be able to fix it ASAP

Al
Sponsor
PeterS-ZH
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 22:08    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hello Al

I have Yet Another Monitor HTML: 3.2.0 / Script: 3.2.5 installed on the dd-wrt router.

The situation I'm having is that on the Daily Usage Report page, when I de-select some devices, they (all) are automatically selected again when the page refreshes itself in the next round...

I would expect that whatever I de-select stays that way, even when the page is reloaded.

Do I need to clean up something, install a different version, change my 'understanding' - or is there something that needs attention on your side?

Tnx and wish you a nice weekend,

Peter
ggee
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 1:51    Post subject: Re: ISP import? Reply with quote
Is this format of the ISP data compatible with the import tool?

Thanks.

ggee wrote:
I get an error popup like the one attached. Also, I attached what the Bell page looks like.

al_c wrote:
ggee wrote:
I'm not quite clear from the FAQ on how you import the ISP bandwidth data for Bell.

1. What is the ISP URL?
2. What do I paste into the Import popup?

Thanks.

I'll answer your questions in reverse order... You paste the text that you've copied from your usage report at the Bell site. I'd show you that page but I ditched Bell/Sympatico many years ago and went to Rogers... the Rogers usage page looks like this:

I click and drag to highlight the text in the table, then type <ctrl>+C to copy and then <ctr>+V to paste into the Import field in the YAMon reports.

The ISP URL is for convenience only - it is place where you can save a `shortcut` to your usage report at the Bell site...

Does that help at all? see http://usage-monitoring.com/help/?t=isp-data for more details
al_c
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 15:20    Post subject: Reply with quote
PeterS-ZH wrote:
Hello Al

I have Yet Another Monitor HTML: 3.2.0 / Script: 3.2.5 installed on the dd-wrt router.

The situation I'm having is that on the Daily Usage Report page, when I de-select some devices, they (all) are automatically selected again when the page refreshes itself in the next round...

I would expect that whatever I de-select stays that way, even when the page is reloaded.

Do I need to clean up something, install a different version, change my 'understanding' - or is there something that needs attention on your side?

Tnx and wish you a nice weekend,

Peter

Peter - good to hear from you again. That is something I have to clean up on my end.

And coincidentally, I was thinking about that very issue this AM... I'd tried to maintain those selections in the past but was running into problems when devices appeared and disappeared in the table (esp. as you moved between days). In a fit of frustration, I changed my approach and flushed the table contents and recreated all rows. I agree that your expectations are better.

I'll try to get to this ASAP. The good news is that it is all on the reports side so it'll be easier to implement. And, as I've been typing this message, I think I've got a better idea of how to overcome the issues I was having before.

--------------------------

As everyone may or may not know, I'm up to my armpits working on a YAMon variant that stores all of the results into an external database... it's taking a lot of my evenings and weekends ATM so I've been neglecting this thread somewhat. Sorry!!!

As I've been wresting through this process, I've learned a tonne of new things and simplified the code *significantly*. I will incorporate those improvements back into the main YAMon app when I've shaken out all of the bugs.

Al
al_c
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 0:55    Post subject: Re: ISP import? Reply with quote
ggee wrote:
Is this format of the ISP data compatible with the import tool?

Thanks.

ggee wrote:
I get an error popup like the one attached. Also, I attached what the Bell page looks like.

al_c wrote:
ggee wrote:
I'm not quite clear from the FAQ on how you import the ISP bandwidth data for Bell.

1. What is the ISP URL?
2. What do I paste into the Import popup?

Thanks.

I'll answer your questions in reverse order... You paste the text that you've copied from your usage report at the Bell site. I'd show you that page but I ditched Bell/Sympatico many years ago and went to Rogers... the Rogers usage page looks like this:

I click and drag to highlight the text in the table, then type <ctrl>+C to copy and then <ctr>+V to paste into the Import field in the YAMon reports.

The ISP URL is for convenience only - it is place where you can save a `shortcut` to your usage report at the Bell site...

Does that help at all? see http://usage-monitoring.com/help/?t=isp-data for more details
Sorry, I don't understand the question.

Al
fleshi
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 13:04    Post subject: Reply with quote
Maybe a noob question. But when I try to open Yamon via the regular way, since today I get a blank screen is there something I do wrong?
mongogeek
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 14:51    Post subject: config3.js error Reply with quote
Has anybody seen this error? I've tried stopping and starting and even reinstalled Yamon to the latest version.

al_c
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 15:33    Post subject: Reply with quote
fleshi wrote:
Maybe a noob question. But when I try to open Yamon via the regular way, since today I get a blank screen is there something I do wrong?

Check your symlinks in /tmp/www... Here's what they should be

root@DD-WRT:/tmp/www# ls -la
drwx------ 3 root root 0 Apr 22 10:03 .
drwxrwxrwx 14 root root 0 Apr 22 10:48 ..
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 19 Apr 22 10:03 css -> /opt/YAMon3/www/css
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 17 Apr 22 10:03 data3 -> /opt/YAMon3/data/
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 22 Apr 22 10:03 images -> /opt/YAMon3/www/images
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 29 Apr 22 10:03 index.html -> /opt/YAMon3/www/yamon3.2.html
drwxr-xr-x 2 root root 0 Apr 22 10:03 js
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 17 Apr 22 10:03 logs -> /opt/YAMon3/logs/

What do you get? If they differ, check your settings in config.file
al_c
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 15:35    Post subject: Re: config3.js error Reply with quote
mongogeek wrote:
Has anybody seen this error? I've tried stopping and starting and even reinstalled Yamon to the latest version.

What doe you see when you click the link in the alert (to config3.js)?

Al
mongogeek
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 18:46    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi, my output is similar, but not exact.

I can't click the link as the "loading" bar in the browser is trying up my ability to click the hyperlink.

FWIW, here is my config.file.

fleshi
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 20:22    Post subject: Reply with quote
al_c wrote:
fleshi wrote:

Check your symlinks in /tmp/www... Here's what they should be

root@DD-WRT:/tmp/www# ls -la
drwx------ 3 root root 0 Apr 22 10:03 .
drwxrwxrwx 14 root root 0 Apr 22 10:48 ..
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 19 Apr 22 10:03 css -> /opt/YAMon3/www/css
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 17 Apr 22 10:03 data3 -> /opt/YAMon3/data/
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 22 Apr 22 10:03 images -> /opt/YAMon3/www/images
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 29 Apr 22 10:03 index.html -> /opt/YAMon3/www/yamon3.2.html
drwxr-xr-x 2 root root 0 Apr 22 10:03 js
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 17 Apr 22 10:03 logs -> /opt/YAMon3/logs/

What do you get? If they differ, check your settings in config.file

Thanks for your response Very Happy, but I just installed Yamon again.

But therefore I have another question. How do you backup the data and how to you import the backup data?

Last edited by fleshi on Tue Apr 25, 2017 6:14; edited 1 time in total
mongogeek
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 1:53    Post subject: Reply with quote
Oops, my bad, I thought you were replying to me earlier. Smile

I still have an issue if anybody has any thoughts.
ddaniel51
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 10:45    Post subject: Reply with quote
h8red wrote:
Hi, I have some trouble with install script. Something to do with "curl" command. Router tp-link 842 v2. Details in sig. Thanks
P.S. maybe there is "oldschool" distribution of v 3 to do install manually?

usage-monitoring.com/manualInstall.php

Wired AP 3 Unifi Wifi 6 LR US 1Gb LAN
Syslog Services Asustor 7110T NAS 10GB
NetGear XS716T 10GB Switch
download1.dd-wrt.com/dd-wrtv2/downloads/betas/ (Brain Slayer)
YAMon https://usage-monitoring.com/index.php
al_c
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 22:11    Post subject: Re: config3.js error Reply with quote
al_c wrote:
mongogeek wrote:

What doe you see when you click the link in the alert (to config3.js)?

Al

Are you still seeing this error? I got it once a couple of days ago... I reloaded the page (with <ctrl>+F5) and it went away.

Otherwise, it could be a race condition cause by asynchronous loading of the JavaScript files.
al_c
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 4:50    Post subject: Minor tweaks to the reports Reply with quote
FYI, I made a few minor changes to the JS & CSS files this evening...

most notably,
- on the Daily usage tab, if just some of the devices are selected, those selections will persist across data changes
- the loading error on the Monthly usage file has been fixed (although, I should probably add a progress bar or something to show that the changes are actually happening)
- the error notification div now has a higher z-index (so that the links are clickable if there is a JS error when the page loads)
- probably a few other minor tweaks

Most of the changes occurred in the CSS & JS files so you'll get them automatically (or by forcing a refresh with <ctrl>+F5.

There was one minor tweak in yamon3.2.html which you can get from the manual download page: http://usage-monitoring.com/manualInstall.php
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 85, 86, 87 ... 149, 150, 151  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 86 of 151
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> General Questions All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: