wnr2000v3 bridge help

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
Chicago77
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 0:30    Post subject: wnr2000v3 bridge help Reply with quote
Hi! I have a wnr2000v3 Netgear router with dd-wrt currently installed on it build Build 18777. From what I know this is the newest build that will work on this router.

On one side of my apartment I have a smart tv that I would like to connect via eth to the internet through the xfinity hotspot access I have.

So I would like to set this up to connect to that hotspot so that I may then connect the tv to the eth ports on the router and sign into xfinity.

I have searched a lot but have not yet found a way to make this work, and every tutorial I read seems to have different instructions and a repeater mode that is not showing up in my version of dd-wrt.

Help would be very much appreciated.
Sponsor
mrjcd
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 3:37    Post subject: Reply with quote
You should be in the 'atheros forum' for questions about that router
---
Latest known build that will work ok on the WNR2000v3 is -
ftp://ftp.dd-wrt.com/betas/2016/04-11-2016-r29440/netgear-wnr2000v3/

It would be a might better than what you have.

You should be able to put it in 'Client' mode and connect it to the hotspot then plug whatever you want into its LAN ports.

http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Client_Mode
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: