Intermittent radios WRT1900AC V1

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Marvell MVEBU based Hardware (WRT1900AC etc.)
stangdriverdoug
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 13:54    Post subject: Intermittent radios WRT1900AC V1 Reply with quote
I've tried a couple builds and it seems that sometimes the 2.4G or 5G radios just flat out stop working after making changes or rebooting. Forces me to do a hard reset and start all over. Are the radios a little finicky with this router / version?
Sponsor
Brewder
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 14:55    Post subject: Re: Intermittent radios WRT1900AC V1 Reply with quote
stangdriverdoug wrote:
I've tried a couple builds and it seems that sometimes the 2.4G or 5G radios just flat out stop working after making changes or rebooting. Forces me to do a hard reset and start all over. Are the radios a little finicky with this router / version?

Seems this model can be flaky. I bought mine certified refurbished at least 2 years ago. Mine will run for 20+ days before I either reboot it myself for a newer firmware, or it looses power, or I just reboot to troubleshoot.

I'm very happy with my WRT1900ACv1.

//Brew
bytchslappa
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 23:48    Post subject: Reply with quote
Have a number of devices hanging off my v1 - most constantly streaming video from either plex media servers or internet based services (youtube/netflix/amazon etc) - generally only reboot after a firmware upgrade.

I would do a quick site survey (say Wifi Analyzer on Android) and make sure the channel the router is using is clear from other forms of wifi etc - i know if i dont lock mine down, the other wifi AP's in the area tend to try and take the same channel - I see problems then....
stangdriverdoug
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 2:15    Post subject: Reply with quote
bytchslappa wrote:
Have a number of devices hanging off my v1 - most constantly streaming video from either plex media servers or internet based services (youtube/netflix/amazon etc) - generally only reboot after a firmware upgrade.

I would do a quick site survey (say Wifi Analyzer on Android) and make sure the channel the router is using is clear from other forms of wifi etc - i know if i dont lock mine down, the other wifi AP's in the area tend to try and take the same channel - I see problems then....

Thanks for the tip. I double checked the wifi channels in my area and made a couple adjustments. Using BS latest build things are running well. Beet up for a couple days and no issues.
Kasm279
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2017 22:47    Post subject: Re: Intermittent radios WRT1900AC V1 Reply with quote
stangdriverdoug wrote:

With r31571 I was experiencing a similar issue; the router would halfway lock-up after making two or three changes to wireless settings. I'm moving up to r31924, hopefully that'll fix things. When I mean partially lock up, the radios would still broadcast the SSID, but I was unable to associate with them. It would respond to ping, but the web interface timed out. Finally, I was able to telnet in but it would just hang on the first command.
stangdriverdoug
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2017 4:16    Post subject: Re: Intermittent radios WRT1900AC V1 Reply with quote
Kasm279 wrote:
stangdriverdoug wrote:

With r31571 I was experiencing a similar issue; the router would halfway lock-up after making two or three changes to wireless settings. I'm moving up to r31924, hopefully that'll fix things. When I mean partially lock up, the radios would still broadcast the SSID, but I was unable to associate with them. It would respond to ping, but the web interface timed out. Finally, I was able to telnet in but it would just hang on the first command.

Brainslayers latest build (5/2) has been much better for me. I was fooling around with my router all day changing settings, rebooting and the radios have been very good. No lock-ups on the radios yet.
Kasm279
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2017 4:19    Post subject: Re: Intermittent radios WRT1900AC V1 Reply with quote
stangdriverdoug wrote:
Brainslayers latest build (5/2) has been much better for me. I was fooling around with my router all day changing settings, rebooting and the radios have been very good. No lock-ups on the radios yet.

r31924 has only locked up once so far, but I haven't really tweaked with it a lot. Thankfully VAP functionality works in this build again!
MystaMagoo
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 19:58    Post subject: Reply with quote
Have not tried the latest build but previous ones I found wifi to be flaky just like Kasm279 troubles.

Router has been rock solid on stock & McWRT,no reboots no wifi loss just been solid day in day out.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Marvell MVEBU based Hardware (WRT1900AC etc.) All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: