OpenVPN not working correctly under UDP protocol

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
Seferex
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 3:14    Post subject: OpenVPN not working correctly under UDP protocol Reply with quote
Hello

i am using a Buffalo WZR-HP-AG300H router (Atheros AR7161 rev 2) with DD-WRT v3.0-r31825 std (04/06/17).

I was able to configure my own OpenVPN using a TCP protocol. With that i am able to connect to the vpn from everywhere. Even from my own wifi network.

The problem is that if i switch the protocoll to UDP (i change it from router settings and ovpn file), i am not able to connect anymore from my own wifi connection at home. But i am able to connect using my phone's connection.

When i try to connect using my wifi, if i go under status/openvpn on router, i can see that the status under the label client is "UNDEF".
If i connect with my phone's connection, under the label client will apper correctly the name i did put on ovpn file.

Unfortunally i was not able to test with a different connection yet.

In both tcp/udp cases i use my android phone to connect to the vpn.

Why it works all ok with TCP but not with UDP?

If i use UDP over TCP i can reach even 20mbps of download vs the 9mbps using the TCP, so i really need to use UDP over TCP (i use vpn just for gaming/streaming)

Please help me out guys...

I attach my settings and this is my ovpn file.
Note that i switch UDP over TCP when needed on router and ovpn:

Code:
client
dev tun
proto tcp or udp (depending on what i am using)
remote xxxxxxxx 1194
nobind
persist-key
persist-tun
verb 4
float
ca xxx.crt
cert xxxx.crt
key xxxxx.key
comp-lzo yes
tun-mtu 1400
auth SHA1
cipher AES-128-CBC
Sponsor
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: