Dlink Dir-890L speed issues -help please

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Jerico2048
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 19:01    Post subject: Dlink Dir-890L speed issues -help please Reply with quote
Hi, maybe someone can help..

I have talktalk fibre giving me max 34mb dl and 2mb up using a BT openreach modem connected to my dlink dir-890L.. working for the last 12months with a few issues with talk talk but speeds were fine and stable.

I have recently upgraded from 38mb to 72mb dl and 20mb up, but I can't get anything higher than I already have..

1) have removed the dlink 890 and connected back my old vdsl talktalk fibre modem router (bypassing the bt openreach modem) and iam getting speeds of 60mb.

So tried the following

2) connected my BT openreach modem to my talktalk fibre router and tried speed tests and again coming in at 60mb+

Then finally

3) connected my BT Openreach modem to my talktalk fibre router and then connected it to my dlink 890L, (after a few reconfiguration on the talktalk) but then noticed my speeds were back to approx 38mb dl and 2mb up.....

I first initially thought it was the BT Openreach modem, but after tests, it's likely it's the dlink router....there isn't any special configuration that's required, so a bit miffed

If I update to the current custom firware will this help in getting the speeds that iam paying for? And if so is there any potential issues that I would experience in the functionality....

Hope someone can help greatly
Sponsor
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: