Strange Behavor

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Word's Biggest Noob
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 21:24    Post subject: Strange Behavor Reply with quote
Long story sort . I have bought a linksys e2500 N600 v3 in order to get started with the dd -wrt firmware and more spesific create a captive portal on my access point (the linksys router). I have successfully installed the router's ddwrt firmware :dd-wrt.v24-23569_NEWD-2_K2.6_mini-e2500V3 (I've found it on this forum ). When i instated it the wifi was didnt work and in the status section transmitted gave errors . I searched and find out that the problem was the Wireless Chanel . So i changed it from 6 (default ) to auto or 1 eg. The problem is that i cant see the wifi yet but transmitted had no errors . I experimented with the dd-wrt interface a bit and i changed the following things :
1. changed the Local IP Address to 1.2 from 1.1
2. set DHCP Forwarder to ip 192.168.1.1
3. Advanced Routing -> Operating Mode router,
Dynamic Routing ->Interface : Lan &Wan
Wireless
access point
Wireless channel & width auto .
Added a new Virtual interface.
and set security to Personal to both interfaces.

I rested the router a lot of times trying to find which is the wright procedure of opening the wifi . If i dont follow this exact steps wifi wont work even though i have no transmitted errors and wireless adapter says it broadcasts . Also if i disable the security i cant connect to the network ...
something is going really wrong

I thing that the only thing needs to change is the Wireless Channel in order not to conflict with the modems wifi.
Why Does it WORK ONLY THAT WAY HOW IS IT POSSIBLE THIS .WHY DO I HAVE TO CREATE VIRTUAL NETWORK IN ORDER TO WORK ? WHAT DO I DO WRONG PLEASE HELP I WILL COMMIT SUICIDE !!!!!!
Thanks
Sponsor
Kadigan
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2017 15:27    Post subject: Reply with quote
Seems to be a known issue.

Please refer to http://www.dd-wrt.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=309239#1079753
Per Yngve Berg
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 11:24    Post subject: Reply with quote
Have you tried a K3.x Build?

ftp://ftp.dd-wrt.com/betas/2017/05-02-2017-r31924/broadcom_K3X/dd-wrt.v24-31924_NEWD-2_K3.x_mega-e2500.bin
icsd13220
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2017 14:47    Post subject: Update Reply with quote
I have upgrade the firmware to a newer version (from the post) and works properly with internet connection 2 Bridges assigned to my private network and my VWifi guest.Also keep the dchp disabled . I have a different problem/question now . Can I set up an access point with Wan ip . Because on wiki and other guides i have looked i dong get wan ip (keeps the wan disabled lan to ln connection between modem - router). I want to get a wan ip because i wanna use the hhtp redirect or some open-source captive portal service .Is there any suggestion on how can i do this . I mainly want to have a custom index on my guest wifi . Which do you thing is the best option for this keep the wifi as AP how do i have to configure my rooter because with wan disabled i cant use this services as i have read ?

Thanks in advance.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: