OpenVPN Tutorial -- TUN, split tunnel and local DNS suppport

martyfoiegras
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2016 8:54    Post subject: OpenVPN Tutorial -- TUN, split tunnel and local DNS suppport Reply with quote
Hi everybody, finally took the time to sort out getting OpenVPN set up on a newer DD-WRT build.
Seems the only documentation readily available is super old so I wanted to make my own.
Here is the link: http://martyfoiegras.com/2016/09/05/dd-wrt-routed-openvpn-server-configuration-with-split-tunneling-support/
No questions, just hoping I can share this to prevent others from having to look through ovpn tutorials from ~2008.
Thanks and I hope somebody benefits!
Sponsor
mrjcd
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2016 22:17    Post subject: Reply with quote
Good Job Smile
jiquera
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2016 18:29    Post subject: Reply with quote
i havent completely got what i wanted, but after 3 weeks of fighting openvpn and dd wrt I finally have progress!

btw I think your dns setting is off shouldnt it be your local ip instead of vpn ip?

remaining issues:
ping still fails (might be firewall issue on my side though)
can't load router homepage, js/effects.js refuses to be transferred... soooo weird (maybe i should update my firmware)

Anyway super kudos for your guide!
witalit
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 20:49    Post subject: Reply with quote
After HOURS and HOURS of trying to follow old tutorials and guides.. reading numerous forum posts for errors... This worked! I think this needs a sticky or something. Well at least posted in more locations.
neerav
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 5:39    Post subject: Reply with quote
After hours and days and months, these instructions fixed my VPN Server setup AND works perfectly when a client (phone) is connected.

I agree with witalit, this post with link needs to be prominently placed, including links in the wiki.

So now, my VPN Server works OR VPN Client works. When they are BOTH on, I can't connect a client (phone) to the VPN Server on the router. Sigh...

TP-Link WR710N ..... Stock (considering DD-WRT)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Advanced Networking All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: