If Kong is done, do we stay on 1/8 build or move to BS?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Marvell MVEBU based Hardware (WRT1900AC etc.)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
myersw
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 19:48    Post subject: Reply with quote
LookingForMyMojo wrote:
put the link in my signature........hopefully that helps.

Now why didn't I think of that. Very Happy

ISP:Comcast
tutorial for flashing "WRT" series:
http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=287813
DD-WRT Installation, Upgrade & Basic Setup–Cliff Notes:
http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=311117
Kong DD-WRT Config Tutorial:
http://www.instructables.com/id/Install-and-Configure-a-DD-WRT-Kong-Router/
I tried to be normal once. Worst 2 minutes ever.
Sponsor
NiceGreenNachos
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 1:48    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thanks for the reply guys. I have only flashed the router twice. And I did a 30/30/30 before and after.

I only want one partition to have dd-wrt. And the other the latest default. I can flash to reload the oem firmware, right?
myersw
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 3:39    Post subject: Reply with quote
NiceGreenNachos wrote:
Thanks for the reply guys. I have only flashed the router twice. And I did a 30/30/30 before and after.

I only want one partition to have dd-wrt. And the other the latest default. I can flash to reload the oem firmware, right?

The 30/30/30 reset is no longer needed and can brick a newer router. Just use the reset button to reset.

If you flashed twice you have overwritten the Linksys firmware. You did not state the model of router you have. Kong used to have a back to Linksys flash for everything except the wrt3200. However, he has taken his links down so those are not available unless you find someone who had the one you need available.

This is the reason I and others state to always flash from the Linksys UI.

Link in sig has good info if you have not read already.

ISP:Comcast
tutorial for flashing "WRT" series:
http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=287813
DD-WRT Installation, Upgrade & Basic Setup–Cliff Notes:
http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=311117
Kong DD-WRT Config Tutorial:
http://www.instructables.com/id/Install-and-Configure-a-DD-WRT-Kong-Router/
I tried to be normal once. Worst 2 minutes ever.
htismaqe
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 15:40    Post subject: Reply with quote
LookingForMyMojo wrote:
Removing Linksys from partition is a big mistake as far as I am concerned.

Use the ubootenv command to flip into the Linksys partition, from the web gui you can flash any image you want. Putting 3rd party firmware on both partitions is just giving yourself a headache.

Make a backup of your ddwrt settings and reload them after you flash a new ddwrt image if you want.

Don't count on finding a ddwrt to factory image anymore.

For me, it's quite simple. I won't ever use the factory image ever again. I've gotten everything I need out of this router. I will use DD-WRT until it dies and then buy a new router and it won't be a Linksys this time.

DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 19:19    Post subject: Reply with quote
BS 5/2/2017 has been rock solid on my WRT1900 ACSv2. Highly recommended!
netjive8
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 23:38    Post subject: Re: WRT1200AC KONG FILES 1/17 Reply with quote
bogomoloff wrote:
netjive8 wrote:
Here are my files for the WRT1200AC KONG 1/17 Build if it helps anyone out.

Does this apply to WRT1200AC v1?

I use it on my WRT1200AC v1, it should work for both.
BIOHazard87
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2017 0:54    Post subject: Reply with quote
htismaqe wrote:
LookingForMyMojo wrote:
Removing Linksys from partition is a big mistake as far as I am concerned.

Use the ubootenv command to flip into the Linksys partition, from the web gui you can flash any image you want. Putting 3rd party firmware on both partitions is just giving yourself a headache.

Make a backup of your ddwrt settings and reload them after you flash a new ddwrt image if you want.

Don't count on finding a ddwrt to factory image anymore.

For me, it's quite simple. I won't ever use the factory image ever again. I've gotten everything I need out of this router. I will use DD-WRT until it dies and then buy a new router and it won't be a Linksys this time.

Even if you don't plan to use the stock partition, it is useful to have in the event a new DD-WRT update is unstable, such as the one that was just pulled.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2017 6:19    Post subject: Reply with quote
htismaqe wrote:

I will use DD-WRT until it dies and then buy a new router and it won't be a Linksys this time.

Strongly second that. Belkin/ Linksys have been nothing but headache.
DD-WRT was the only ray of hope.
LookingForMyMojo
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2017 13:15    Post subject: Reply with quote
Everyone has different experiences.

I wont buy anything BUT the WRT series, you can't kill them and you can try ANY software. Once the images have the kinks worked out these are awesome routers.

Mine are running top-notch.

Have to keep in mind that "3rd party ready" means that 3rd parties have to develop the image, usually after the hardware is released. That takes time.

DDWRT, LEDE and Gargoyle run on all of them now, extremely well. Can't ask for more then that.

https://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=312142&highlight=ac86u
dan801
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 1:55    Post subject: Same question - Can I flash directly over old Kong Build? Reply with quote
I'm keen to try out BS build as well - is there an issue flashing directly over my existing Kong build and will my settings be saved or will I need to re-configure?

My settings are backed up, can you flash then restore settings from kong build?
dan801
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 2:13    Post subject: Reply with quote
also whats the link for the latest stable built thats best to use with wrt1900acs V2. the latest seem to have some issues. is there a stable build or all have some issues? Kong built seems stable for me

Last edited by dan801 on Wed Jun 14, 2017 1:51; edited 1 time in total
jay ray
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 1:39    Post subject: Reply with quote
I'll raise my hand in support of the wrt1900acs, and Linksys in general. Sure, like most of us, I was disappointed when they sold their outfit to Belkin; it felt like they sold out. The only Belkin router I'd owned was not 3rd party friendly and the firmware felt like a toy version of what I had been using on the WRT54Gv2. This new breed of WRT hardware is fast, reliable and equally importantly, 3rd party friendly. The dual partition thing is genius. The only thing that would make them better is if they'd allot more resources to the 3d party liason team.

Linksys hardware has never let me down. All of my networking woes are my own from tinkering beyond my ability. Razz

Firmware: DD-WRT v3.0-r31924 std (05/02/17)
Haven't tried anything newer and probably won't until these Marvell yahoos get their drivers sorted out.
Someone correct me if I'm wrong, it doesn't matter anymore which router version goes with the latest DDWRTs.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 1:49    Post subject: Reply with quote
jay ray wrote:
I'll raise my hand in support of the wrt1900acs, and Linksys in general. Sure, like most of us, I was disappointed when they sold their outfit to Belkin; it felt like they sold out. The only Belkin router I'd owned was not 3rd party friendly and the firmware felt like a toy version of what I had been using on the WRT54Gv2. This new breed of WRT hardware is fast, reliable and equally importantly, 3rd party friendly. The dual partition thing is genius. The only thing that would make them better is if they'd allot more resources to the 3d party liason team.

Linksys hardware has never let me down. All of my networking woes are my own from tinkering beyond my ability. Razz

Firmware: DD-WRT v3.0-r31924 std (05/02/17)
Haven't tried anything newer and probably won't until these Marvell yahoos get their drivers sorted out.
Someone correct me if I'm wrong, it doesn't matter anymore which router version goes with the latest DDWRTs.

Does anyone have r31924 for WRT1900ACS V2
jay ray
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 2:02    Post subject: Reply with quote
I have a copy. Apparently I haven't been paying attention, but why isn't it in the ftp server anymore? I don't want to spread a bad seed if it was officially pulled.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 2:08    Post subject: Reply with quote
Just got a copy cheers. I think the copy seemed to have an issue with a broadcom chip and was pulled for everyone. Seems to be the last stable version without major issues.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 3 of 4
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Marvell MVEBU based Hardware (WRT1900AC etc.) All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: