Netgear R9000 Bricked for no reason

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
Johnnyde94
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2017 23:05    Post subject: Netgear R9000 Bricked for no reason Reply with quote
Hello so I currently have a X10 that's running Kongs latest build that could be found on netgearopenrouter.net. I was in the settings last night trying to get dhcp (I believe that's the name of it) and all of a sudden the router rebooted. When it did now all I get is a blinking power button. I did multiple 30-30-30 resets and tried tftp but no luck. I didn't going any setting to do this and I'm baffled by this. I can't get the router to ttl 100 so I don't know what to do next. I opened up the bottom thinking I could serial it but there doesn't look like a way to get to the board without cutting it. I have no idea what do to. Luckily i just bought it so I can return it but I'm just curious now to what's going on.

Thanks
John D
Sponsor
Alozaros
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2017 8:55    Post subject: Reply with quote
hmmm i do not have that unit to be honest, but i believe 30/30/30 is not working as expected and can cause harm instead, thats why you press the reset button and hold it for not more than 15 sec and unit its suppose to reset its settings..
The other question is, did you reset firmware before uploading the new one, did you do a factory to dd wrt file first from here http://www.desipro.de/ddwrt/K4-AC-ALPINE/
or the other .bin file if so....
the only thing i can think of is corrupted flash so you'd need either tftp or serial to reflash or try to get back to stock and return...

on my R7800 TFTP works in that way try it if it works for you as well..
on the R7800 and the R7500v2 you can start the recovery tftpd by pressing reset button, then power on, count till 15 and tftpd is started and you can tftp a new firmware to the router...

TP-Link WR1043NDv2 -Gargoyle OS 1.15.x AP,DNS,QoS,Quotas
Qualcomm-Atheros
Netgear XR500 --DD-WRT 55779 Gateway/DoH,Forced DNS,AP Isolation,4VLAN,Ad-Block,Firewall,Vanilla
Netgear R7800 --DD-WRT 55779 Gateway/DoT,AD-Block,Forced DNS,AP&Net Isolation,x3VLAN,Firewall,Vanilla
Netgear R9000 --DD-WRT 55779 Gateway/DoT,AD-Block,AP Isolation,Firewall,Forced DNS,x2VLAN,Vanilla
Broadcom
Netgear R7000 --DD-WRT 55460 Gateway/SmartDNS/DoH,AD-Block,Firewall,Forced DNS,x3VLAN,VPN
NOT USING 5Ghz ANYWHERE
------------------------------------------------------
Stubby DNS over TLS I DNSCrypt v2 by mac913
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: