Linksys ea8500 port is ready

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 54, 55, 56 ... 123, 124, 125  Next
wesweber
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2017 0:06    Post subject: Reply with quote
I can't find the default password in this thread for the factory to dd-wrt img.

Can someone tell me what it is? Thanks
Sponsor
Malachi
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2017 1:10    Post subject: Reply with quote
The password is whatever you set it to the first time it asks you for one.

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2017 1:12    Post subject: Default Pass Reply with quote
Default username and pass are:

root / admin

Unless you didnt clear the NVRAM on some flashes...

DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2017 1:51    Post subject: Reply with quote
'קענען נישט זען עס'

Malachi
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2017 2:10    Post subject: Reply with quote
It's root and admin because that's the first ones you enter.
You could put cheese and peanuts and that would be it.
Because they are the first ones you put in.

Now telnet is a different matter.

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2017 18:27    Post subject: Reply with quote
I got the password fixed, need to save the settings more often. Thanks for the quick response.

Is there a way to search on the contents of just this thread. I read through the 54 pages but didn't note where items of interest were. Now I need to review what you guys are doing with the radio settings, my radio performance is dismal right now. I haven't worked much with wifi so need a little quick start.
While I'm at it, are the command line commands documented somewhere?

Thanks again for all the help, this is fun stuff.
mrjcd
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 15:34    Post subject: Reply with quote
wesweber wrote:
I got the password fixed, need to save the settings more often. Thanks for the quick response.

Is there a way to search on the contents of just this thread. I read through the 54 pages but didn't note where items of interest were. Now I need to review what you guys are doing with the radio settings, my radio performance is dismal right now. I haven't worked much with wifi so need a little quick start.
While I'm at it, are the command line commands documented somewhere?

Thanks again for all the help, this is fun stuff.

Glad you got her sorted Smile
The EA8500 wireless has the best performance and best range of any router I have ever used.
Good info here - http://dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/QCA_wireless_settings
For 'Sensitivity Range (ACK Timing)' I use 0 on both radios. You will have to do a reboot for the '0' setting to take affect.
mrjcd
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 15:35    Post subject: Reply with quote
r31980M kongat (05/11/17)
Has been working great for me. Very smooth and I like my unbound.
Mon May 15 10:25:52 CDT 2017
10:25:55 up 3 days, 1:36, load average: 0.05, 0.05, 0.02

I'm using 'Recursive DNS Resolving' but I disabled for few minutes other day and enabled DNSCrypt just to poke around a bit.
When I disabled DNScrypt and turned unbound back on all thu the webif I didn't realize at the time dnscrypt-proxy
was still running ... so she fetcthed certs every hour for 'bout 8 hours for no reason.
You should be aware if you disable 'Encrypt DNS' in the webif and apply settings it will NOT kill the process.
I also tested this on a 'reset' EA8500 running r31980M.
You will have to reboot or go in CLI to kill it. Snip of log when I killed dnscrypt-proxy. DNSMasq didn't like
it but he got over it quickly ...you would think them two was in bed together or something.

May 14 11:27:21 -- daemon.notice dnscrypt-proxy[18818]: Stopping proxy
May 14 11:27:21 -- daemon.info dnscrypt-proxy[18818]: UDP listener shut down
May 14 11:27:21 -- daemon.info dnscrypt-proxy[18818]: TCP listener shut down
May 14 11:27:21 -- daemon.crit dnsmasq[32244]: failed to bind DHCP server socket: Address in use
May 14 11:27:21 -- daemon.crit dnsmasq[32244]: FAILED to start up
May 14 11:27:21 -- user.info : dnsmasq : dnsmasq daemon successfully started
May 14 11:29:00 -- user.info : ttraff : traffic counter daemon successfully stopped
May 14 11:29:00 -- user.info : klogd : kernel log daemon successfully stopped
May 14 11:29:00 -- kern.notice kernel: klogd: exiting
May 14 11:29:00 -- user.info : ttraff : traffic counter daemon successfully started
May 14 11:29:00 -- user.info : syslogd : syslog daemon successfully stopped
May 14 11:29:00 -- user.debug : ttraff: data collection started
May 14 11:29:00 -- syslog.info syslogd exiting
May 14 11:29:00 -- syslog.info syslogd started: BusyBox v1.26.2
May 14 11:29:00 -- user.info : klogd : klog daemon successfully started
May 14 11:29:00 -- kern.notice kernel: klogd started: BusyBox v1.26.2 (2017-05-11 22:40:37 CEST)
May 14 11:29:01 -- user.info : vpn modules : vpn modules successfully unloaded
May 14 11:29:01 -- user.info : vpn modules : nf_conntrack_proto_gre successfully loaded
May 14 11:29:01 -- user.info : vpn modules : nf_nat_proto_gre successfully loaded
May 14 11:29:01 -- user.info : vpn modules : nf_conntrack_pptp successfully loaded
May 14 11:29:01 -- user.info : vpn modules : nf_nat_pptp successfully loaded
May 14 11:29:01 -- user.info : dnsmasq : dnsmasq daemon successfully stopped
May 14 11:29:01 -- user.info : pptpd : pptp daemon successfully stopped
May 14 11:29:01 -- user.info : dropbear : ssh daemon successfully stopped
May 14 11:29:01 -- user.info : unbound : unbound daemon successfully stopped
May 14 11:29:01 -- user.info : telnetd : telnet daemon successfully stopped
May 14 11:29:01 -- user.info : hwmon successfully started
May 14 11:29:01 -- daemon.info dnsmasq[22067]: exiting on receipt of SIGTERM
May 14 11:29:01 -- authpriv.info dropbear[32021]: Exit (root): Terminated by signal
May 14 11:29:01 -- user.info : telnetd : telnet daemon successfully started
May 14 11:29:01 -- authpriv.info dropbear[20679]: Early exit: Terminated by signal
May 14 11:29:01 -- user.info : dropbear : ssh daemon successfully started
May 14 11:29:01 -- authpriv.info dropbear[669]: Running in background
May 14 11:29:01 -- daemon.info dnsmasq[682]: started, version UNKNOWN DNS disabled
May 14 11:29:01 -- daemon.info dnsmasq[682]: compile time options: IPv6 GNU-getopt no-RTC no-DBus no-i18n no-IDN DHCP DHCPv6 no-Lua no-TFTP no-conntrack no-ipset no-auth DNSSEC loop-detect no-inotify
May 14 11:29:01 -- daemon.info dnsmasq-dhcp[682]: DHCP, IP range 10.xx.xx.2 -- 10.xx.xx.30, lease time 12h
May 14 11:29:01 -- daemon.info dnsmasq-dhcp[682]: DHCP, IP range 10.xx.xx.2 -- 10.xx.xx.30, lease time 12h
May 14 11:29:01 -- daemon.info dnsmasq-dhcp[682]: DHCP, IP range 10.xx.xx.100 -- 10.xx.xx.174, lease time 1d
May 14 11:29:01 -- user.info : dnsmasq : dnsmasq daemon successfully started
May 14 11:29:01 -- user.info : unbound : recursive dns resolver daemon successfully started
May 14 11:29:01 -- daemon.notice unbound: [688:0] notice: init module 0: validator
May 14 11:29:01 -- daemon.notice unbound: [688:0] notice: init module 1: iterator
May 14 11:29:01 -- daemon.info unbound: [688:0] info: start of service (unbound 1.6.1).
mrjcd
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 15:48    Post subject: Reply with quote
FYI -
Running an openVPN server TUN and using 'Recursive DNS Resolving' to resolve local & public names
can easily be done by pushing the server IP for DNS not the router local IP.
It was staring me in the face the whole time but I wouldn't see it ...dang, what a mothergoose!!!
More detail here -
http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=1079351#1079351
sploit
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 1:02    Post subject: A Few Thoughts.... Reply with quote
Can we get a Stock Linksys Image for the WW Intital Flash and Modify the headers to be a US version and fix the CRC on it to be valid?

My idea is to flash a downgrade using the WW Stock Linksys Firmware that doesn't have the Linksys CRC Check in it. Then go from that to ddwrt.

I am not sure what Linksys does to implant the CRC in their firmware, I haven't even looked but I am sure it the same as always.

Also, I received one of these that someone tried to solder to already and looks like they messed the holes up pretty bad trying to do it themselves.

Does anybody know the alternate locations for soldering to (where the tracings wind up next) on the board? Gonna solder some wires to those locations with pins on them for a quick flash. If nobody has them I might trace them real quick and take pics.

DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 2:58    Post subject: Ok so herr is what happened Reply with quote
Ok so here is the example of someone botching a solder job that I am repairing. (This is a Brand New EA8500 that someone tried to modify by themselves apparently using a 1000 Watt Wood Iron) :p

Picked it up for $45 Smile

After using Braided Solder Wick, the surface was cleaned to show that the Copper Rings normally attached to the board for soldering to had been torn away. They were torn away on the other side also. (Usually caused by too much heat)

The circuit paths to the Resistor Setups for the TX and RX are clearly visible and I outlined in RED where to attach the new TX and RX for new pin connections.

To repair the pins I hot glued two new pins in the the TX and RX holes from the opposite side and made sure the pin didnt touch the ground paths now exposed on the holes because of the botched job. The Hot Glue acts like a insulator as well from the exposed ground metal showing in the ring area.

Then, Soldered jumper wires from the Pins to the Circuit Paths pointed out in Red.

For the ground pin I just soldered a new pin in 1 of the many ground pin locations as I showed with the Black Pen

A ground is a ground :p

Pins Installed: (Because contacts are damaged, used hot glue and pushed them up from.bottom to secure them to the board.

DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2017 13:20    Post subject: Re: Evil Linksys. Evil Evil EVIL!!! Reply with quote
sploit wrote:
Just got the next round of 10 Linksys EA8500's.

They (Linksys) are very very evil.

They Enabled autostart "setenv autostart yes"

When you try to flash using our previous methods, it will brick the router because it doesnt give time to completely set the memory and attempts to boot the image, but it DOES partially erase the nand, leaving the router BRICKED

You have to use "setenv autostart no" before the rest of the commands get done.

As Below

########################################################################
########################################################################
##### For Newest Models there is a new wrench in the works
##### First we set the partition to Partition 1 and flash ddwrt ##### (Takes 10 Seconds)

setenv autostart no
setenv boot_part 1
setenv bootdelay 5
setenv auto_recovery no
setenv image EA8500-factory-to-ddwrt.img
setenv ipaddr 192.168.1.1
setenv serverip 192.168.1.2
run flashimg

##### Now we switch to the Second Partition (10 More Seconds)
setenv boot_part 2
setenv image EA8500-factory-to-ddwrt.img
run flashimg2

### Switch Backt to Partition 1 and reset
setenv boot_part 1
reset

Long long time lurker here decided to join finally..

So i decided to buy this router as i was following this post for ahwile and finding out this router is way better than the EA9200 in some many ways.

Bought refurbished on ebay directly from linksys.

They sent me this

SO i decided to attack it. Nothing pretty is just a one time thing.

Results

I used your method (code lines to send the files) and worked like a charm no problems whatsoever so thanks for that. I also used Serial to USB and Putty..

Linksys not only took the pin port away
{previous 8500}

They also added solder on the bottom so is impossible to make this solderless as you have to remove the solder balls to make a good connection with the pins as you cannot pass the pins thru the hole with them in there. Had to use a sewing needle in combination with the iron so i can puncture a hole thru with it. Took me a few tries as i have never done this small solder points before, or you can also weld right in top of them from the bottom which i dont think would make a good connection if the balls arent touching metal and they are there just to prevent us to add stuff to it.
mrjcd
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2017 13:51    Post subject: Reply with quote
Good job, zGunBLADEz

Glad we have another EA8500 user Cool
zGunBLADEz
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2017 16:49    Post subject: Reply with quote
mrjcd wrote:
Good job, zGunBLADEz

Glad we have another EA8500 user Cool

Thanks.. Btw kudos to you too as i used your guide/links etc with sploit cmds as well very simple..
zGunBLADEz
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2017 13:34    Post subject: Reply with quote
Guys I'm having issues with no internet on the router. it's not rebooting itself or nothing I just have no connectivity.

Basic stuff nvram erased tried both partitions.

It wasn't getting my Comcast modem wan ip, was giving me a totally different one at the beginning so I tried releasing it but all it give me was 0.0.0.0.. so I cloned my original router Mac into this one (bcuz I'm not playing with Comcast support at the moment)after another nvram reset set only the clone Mac from my original working router and it finally got the right wan ip. So that part is good and figure it out.

Now if I reboot it gives me internet but as soon I try to do a speed test, it starts fine and it drop the connection entirely the router don't reboot or nothing,I just loose the connection. It do it both ways thru lan and wifi tried both seperatly.

My other router work as intended no problems I even have 2 more routers as repeaters. Turn them off as well for all this testing.

I'm out of ideas I don't know if the router is borked because it was a refurbished unit or if is a ddwrt issue. Build I'm using r31980M kongat (05/11/17)

Update 5/29
I reverted back to Linksys original firmware all way up to the latest and it was doing the same thing. It gets connection fire up the speed test and half way the speed test, drop entirely the internet connection!!! The only way to get it back is to reboot router which will do the same thing as soon as i fired up the speedtest. DO the same in both linksys and ddwrt firmwares.

I Plugged up my trustee 4200 and it is working just fine and the 6900 (my main) as well, so it's not Comcast...

Decided to just chain them like this
<-Comcast/Motorola-><-4200-><-8500-><-WIFI/LAN->

SO I disable the wan port on the 8500 and make it a lan port and walla everything is working fine as intended, tried every lan port on the router and all of them are working as intended using that chain <-Comcast/Motorola-><-4200-><-8500-><-WIFI/LAN->

SO it seems i can't use this router as the moment i have the wan port enabled!!! but it works just fine if is a lan port instead of a wan port.. Makes no sense to me.
Kind of a boomer as it would not work right in this config <-ISP-><-8500-><-WIFI&LAN->

How a port can behave like that is my question?

Next try would be switching Lan to Wan to see if that fix my issue.

Im going to let it run like that for awhile to make sure everything is working as intended an stable first before changing more stuff into it.

At least i can use the router as this current state as it was from the beginning with the internet dropping connections.

Update 5/30
Hmm, that was some odd behavior. I turned off WanToLan to as i was trying using OPENVPN and i need that wan port enabled so everything else is ((encrypted/VPN)) [4xLan + Wifi AP] between 8500 and main router which now is the EA6900 took the E4200 off...

I also cleaned with alcohol all the surrounding areas where i soldered just to make sure i dont have any microbridges shorting the crap out of it :/...

Im not loosing internet as before having WAN port as normal.. Some more testing before i try again <-Comcast-><-8500->

cant test full vpn speed as comcast is behaving erratic as of lately summer time always happen..
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 54, 55, 56 ... 123, 124, 125  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 55 of 125
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: