Internet only working with router in vlan0 or vlan1 mode

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
aweir14150
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 19:37    Post subject: Internet only working with router in vlan0 or vlan1 mode Reply with quote
I have a Tp-Link wdr4300 that I was using with DHCP off because I was using a UTM for my firewall.

Not sure if that caused the issue, but I went back to using the router as the DHCP/firewall and now I have some odd things happening. I reset everything back to factory defaults numerous times and it seems I only have an internet connection when Port Setup->WAN port assignment is set to vlan1 or vlan 2.

If I set it to eth0 I loose internet connection after awhile especially when I disable and enable my ethernet adapter in Windows.

I have even configured eth0 in unbridged mode with the correct IP address (192.168.1.1) and subnet mask 25%.255.255.0

Firmware: DD-WRT v3.0-r31899 (04/24/17)

Setup:
connection type: Automatic-DHCP
DHCP server: Enabled
Start IP address: 192.168.1.100
Static DNS: 8.8.8.8, 8.8.4.4
Use DNSMasq for DHCP: Enabled
Use DNSMasq for DNS: Enabled
DHCP-Authoritative: Enabled
Forced DNS Redirection: Disabled
VLAN/tagging/bridging: None
Network configuration eth0: Default
Network configuration vlan1: Default

Internet works fine when WAN port configured for vlan1 or vlan 2 but when i place it in eth0 mode, with eth0 in default or unbridged mode, I loose internet connection especially when disabling and resetting my ipconfig, and the default gateway does not show up in windows. The router has to be reset back to factory defaults in order to log in.
Sponsor
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: