FTP access, how it works

Alkon58
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 7:38    Post subject: FTP access, how it works Reply with quote
I probably do not understand something, please help to understand. I created some shared folders and some users for FTP access and learnt that when different users have access to the same folder, they still do not see files uploaded by others. They see only files uploaded by themselves. Furthermore. If I upload file using local network, I do not see it using internet access from WAN and vise versa. Is this how it supposed to work?? Same with subdirectories one user does not see subdirectories created by another user even when they have premission for the same directory..

I thought I could create directories and share them with other users so I can put files there using my access and they see only those directories what I permitted to each of them but they see nothing what I placed there unless they use my access...

Thank you
Sponsor
Xeon2k8
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 8:11    Post subject: Reply with quote
No, that's not how it's supposed to work. FTP users are only to give Read or Read/Write permissions, and that's it, but they see every file inside the folder for which they have the Read permission.
R6250 - BS 29193 running since 03/20/16 - (AP - NAS - FTP - SMB - DNSMasq - AdBlocking)
Per Yngve Berg
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 20:14    Post subject: Reply with quote
In Linux there are 3 permissions "owner", "group" and "everyone"

that's why you see 3 numbers (765) on the files.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> General Questions All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: