[advice] need advice to create a OSLR or WDS or .... ?

krr
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 21:24    Post subject: [advice] need advice to create a OSLR or WDS or .... ? Reply with quote
Hi everybody...

Here's my question:
I got two DIR-615 plus and an old WRT54G (with big antennas), all of them with dd-wrt, in a big house. Big one, thicks walls with metal inside... A nightmare to cover the place properly.

For now, I use CPL ... and so, I got a wifinet1, wifinet2, wifinet3 wireless networks. It's not very handy... of course. Because a lot of wifi phone calls are made here... due to lack of 3G/4G cover in this big house. So when I have a wifi phonecall, I got to stay where I am... which is a bit stupid, when you think about it (why have I a wifi stuff, if I'm stuck here ?!)

I'd like to have one and only network with "roaming" between them. Any kind of device would see only one network and when this device move from one room to another while caling a wifi phone call (for example), no cut, it seems like it's the same network.

How can I do that ? WDS ? OSLR ? what's the best ? I read a lot of things, but most of them are in english... and well, my english is not good enough to understand everything I read.

I don't mind if the datarate is halved like it seems to be on WDS... for phonecall or skype, we don't need that much... but stability, reliability are key words here.

thanks a lot for your insights/infos/advices.
Sponsor
krr
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 9:59    Post subject: Reply with quote
nope, no one ?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Advanced Networking All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: