yamon on wr740v4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
Author Message
slowmotionscene
DD-WRT User


Joined: 03 Oct 2014
Posts: 60
Location: Stejanovci

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 11:09    Post subject: yamon on wr740v4 Reply with quote
how to install yamon on wr740 v 4 and wr743 v2 what i need to do and how
Sponsor
js1662
DD-WRT Guru


Joined: 23 Jul 2014
Posts: 1227
Location: BC, CA

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 11:49    Post subject: Reply with quote
The problem is how and where to install Yamon since both of them don't have USB and only 4M of flash hence jffs2 supported probably not available.

You can try raising your question again on this thread: http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=289324 and see if al_c has any recommendations.
slowmotionscene
DD-WRT User


Joined: 03 Oct 2014
Posts: 60
Location: Stejanovci

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 12:40    Post subject: Reply with quote
js1662 wrote:
The problem is how and where to install Yamon since both of them don't have USB and only 4M of flash hence jffs2 supported probably not available.

You can try raising your question again on this thread: http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=289324 and see if al_c has any recommendations.


yes thats my problem too
al_c
DD-WRT Guru


Joined: 13 Apr 2013
Posts: 1526
Location: Ottawa Canada

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 16:07    Post subject: Reply with quote
slowmotionscene wrote:
js1662 wrote:
The problem is how and where to install Yamon since both of them don't have USB and only 4M of flash hence jffs2 supported probably not available.

You can try raising your question again on this thread: http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=289324 and see if al_c has any recommendations.


yes thats my problem too


Some users have add some success mapping dd-wrt to a network accessible share (i.e., a public folder on a harddrive elsewhere on your network). I've never actually gotten that to work (but haven't tried really hard to do so either). It is a largely untested configuration so I don't know how successful you might be with this.

Otherwise, as Dave suggested in the other thread, a new router with a USB port might be your best option.

I'm working on a YAMon variant that stores all of the data into an external database but you'll still need somewhere to host the executible... /tmp will work as long as your router does not reboot.

Sorry!

Al
slowmotionscene
DD-WRT User


Joined: 03 Oct 2014
Posts: 60
Location: Stejanovci

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 17:36    Post subject: Reply with quote
al_c wrote:
slowmotionscene wrote:
js1662 wrote:
The problem is how and where to install Yamon since both of them don't have USB and only 4M of flash hence jffs2 supported probably not available.

You can try raising your question again on this thread: http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=289324 and see if al_c has any recommendations.


yes thats my problem too


Some users have add some success mapping dd-wrt to a network accessible share (i.e., a public folder on a harddrive elsewhere on your network). I've never actually gotten that to work (but haven't tried really hard to do so either). It is a largely untested configuration so I don't know how successful you might be with this.

Otherwise, as Dave suggested in the other thread, a new router with a USB port might be your best option.

I'm working on a YAMon variant that stores all of the data into an external database but you'll still need somewhere to host the executible... /tmp will work as long as your router does not reboot.

Sorry!

Al



I do have attached on usb,but long its untested i dont wanna be experimental rat.So you do more work on no usb routers as long they are better they are expensive as that and less in peopels property.

Its cool
al_c
DD-WRT Guru


Joined: 13 Apr 2013
Posts: 1526
Location: Ottawa Canada

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 16:38    Post subject: Reply with quote
slowmotionscene wrote:

I do have attached on usb,but long its untested i dont wanna be experimental rat.So you do more work on no usb routers as long they are better they are expensive as that and less in peopels property.

Its cool


Any useful monitoring solution will require a permanent storage for it's data files... a USB stick plugged into your router is the easiest, most reliable, most cost effective solution.

That is the recommended setup for YAMon and I can assure you that that has been *well* tested. I released the YAMon code into the wild more than 4 years ago and and my server logs show that it is being used by ~5000 users per month. The installer zip file has be downloaded 525 times already this month.

Other non-USB configuration options are possible (e.g., jffs). Any reliability issues would be related to that configuration not the YAMon code. I do not have the time to test them and have to rely upon the user community to do that legwork.

Al
slowmotionscene
DD-WRT User


Joined: 03 Oct 2014
Posts: 60
Location: Stejanovci

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 17:24    Post subject: Reply with quote
al_c wrote:
slowmotionscene wrote:

I do have attached on usb,but long its untested i dont wanna be experimental rat.So you do more work on no usb routers as long they are better they are expensive as that and less in peopels property.

Its cool


Any useful monitoring solution will require a permanent storage for it's data files... a USB stick plugged into your router is the easiest, most reliable, most cost effective solution.

That is the recommended setup for YAMon and I can assure you that that has been *well* tested. I released the YAMon code into the wild more than 4 years ago and and my server logs show that it is being used by ~5000 users per month. The installer zip file has be downloaded 525 times already this month.

Other non-USB configuration options are possible (e.g., jffs). Any reliability issues would be related to that configuration not the YAMon code. I do not have the time to test them and have to rely upon the user community to do that legwork.

Al



am not sure is that posibile since i have on adsl modem usb attached ,but all routers are conected with cable to adsl modem
Display posts from previous:    Page 1 of 1
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum