DIR 825 revb revert to original

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
felipetp
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 15:52    Post subject: DIR 825 revb revert to original Reply with quote
Hi,

http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/D-Link_DIR-825

I've already tried reverting with the instructions from this link but when I have to upload the original firmware it simply doesn't work.

Could somebody please help me?

Thanks Smile
Sponsor
tperk100
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 12:06    Post subject: Reply with quote
Sorry I cannot help you, BUT I have the same exact router and am thinking about flashing it. If you don't mind, why do you want to revert to factory?

You can see my post about this near the top of this forum.

Thanks much!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 23:27    Post subject: Reply with quote
Does the upload work or when it reboots you are still in DD-WRT?

The open-wrt page is pretty good:
https://wiki.openwrt.org/toh/d-link/dir-825

you may try using the recovery mode
felipetp
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 0:51    Post subject: Reply with quote
tperk100 wrote:
Sorry I cannot help you, BUT I have the same exact router and am thinking about flashing it. If you don't mind, why do you want to revert to factory?

You can see my post about this near the top of this forum.

Thanks much!

It's a very good firmware. It's really worth using. I've bought a new router and as the dir-825 is not my main router anymore I want to try other firmwares in it. (maybe gargoyle)

It won't be a big deal if I can't manage to revert it, right now it works pretty well.I'm not an expert in this subject, but if you need help I'll try to help.

I recommend reading this to begin: https://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/D-Link_DIR-825

and the link from Wildlion, it's a different firmware, but there's plenty of good info there.

Wildlion wrote:
Does the upload work or when it reboots you are still in DD-WRT?

The open-wrt page is pretty good:
https://wiki.openwrt.org/toh/d-link/dir-825

you may try using the recovery mode

I've tried the recovery mode, but it's not working even when I use the IE5 compatibility. Don't know why. I only have Windows 10 PCs with me, I'll try to find a Windows 7 one to do and see, maybe it works!!

Also, I'm thinking of using WinSCP and Putty to "force" flash of the firmware. But I've only seen this with Openwrt in a Tp-link repeater. I'm not sure if it's a good idea to do this in a dlink.
Thanks!! Smile Smile
Wildlion
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 1:26    Post subject: Reply with quote
I love DD-WRT but I do suggest trying different firmwares... It is always nice to see what one does better than another and sometimes things make more sense. I have most of my routers running DD-WRT but I have one running gargoyle and another running open-wrt. But on a router that you can play with it is always nice to try new settings and options that could potentially break your access.
tperk100
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 13:39    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thanks for your responses. I have decided to purchase a NetGear R7800, flash it, run VPN, and keep D-Link w/ factory firmware as a backup.

Navigation

Jump to: