DD-WRT FIRMWARE CHANGELOG

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Kamika007z
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2016 12:20    Post subject: Reply with quote
KrypteX volunteers his time to do this so I and I'm sure everyone here REALLY appreciates his work for the community.

Thank you.
Sponsor
stephensuley
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2016 13:45    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thanks KrypteX, I know I really appreciate the work it takes to keep this updated.

Latest and greatest builds Wink
DaveTheNerd
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2016 14:12    Post subject: Reply with quote
KrypteX wrote:
slimbig wrote:
R.I.P changelog

It's due to comments like this one, that you don't get your changelog anymore...

I will pick it up again, but not in order to please you or the community, that's for sure.

Thanks for being so grateful.

I, for one, loved and appreciated all the work you put into the changelog. People on the internet share their frustration in unpleasant ways, and that sucks. Just don't let that minimize how awesome the rest of us know you are. Smile
Kamika007z
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2016 18:04    Post subject: Reply with quote
DaveTheNerd wrote:

I, for one, loved and appreciated all the work you put into the changelog. People on the internet share their frustration in unpleasant ways, and that sucks. Just don't let that minimize how awesome the rest of us know you are. Smile

Here here!
dahosepipe
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2016 9:03    Post subject: Reply with quote
Kamika007z wrote:
DaveTheNerd wrote:

Here here!

Absolutely agree!!
Whammy
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2016 20:45    Post subject: Reply with quote
DaveTheNerd wrote:
KrypteX wrote:
slimbig wrote:
R.I.P changelog

It's due to comments like this one, that you don't get your changelog anymore...

I will pick it up again, but not in order to please you or the community, that's for sure.

Thanks for being so grateful.

Agreed 1000%
justlookin
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2016 11:08    Post subject: Reply with quote
I'd overlooked this thread but wish I'd noticed it sooner.

Kudos to KrypteX and stephensuley. Please keep it going.
Jon8RFC
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2016 9:03    Post subject: Reply with quote
I never noticed this thread, but I also haven't updated my firmware since July of 2015. This was VERY handy to see what had been done. Seeing OpenVPN updates helped me to decide to flash a new firmware since I've begun using OpenVPN recently.

Thanks for the changelog!
flipper9

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 18:08    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thank you KrypteX for putting in the months updating the change-log.

However, since it has been well over 6 months since we have had an update and we are in a new year, the change-log is quite behind the times and probably confusing to new members looking for information. Could we un-sticky the thread at this point so that it is preserved for posterity? If someone else wants to startup the change-log we could re-sticky it or start a new thread.
lollabie
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 19:24    Post subject: Reply with quote
i agree, at this point it's better to let it die
flipper9

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 19:49    Post subject: Reply with quote
Yeah, it makes it look like DD-WRT hasn't been updated in months but it is regularly and constantly updated and improved by many hard working volunteers, sometimes on a daily basis or every few weeks.
KrypteX
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 18:17    Post subject: Reply with quote
flipper9 wrote:
Yeah, it makes it look like DD-WRT hasn't been updated in months

Yeah, it makes you look like someone who's looking for trouble...

flipper9

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2017 23:18    Post subject: Reply with quote
So what's new since 05/19/2016? Are any bugs or security fixes completed since then? I have no idea. Since this is an "official" sticky post I guess nothing has been done in more than a year.

Oh I'm sorry, we're not allowed to try and improve the forums, that's "trouble making". Basically there is no change log for DD_WRT. You are left to guess what has changed. Just read the forums to find out what is new or has been changed (and even that doesn't help) and ignore this thread as it hasn't been updated in over a year despite it being a sticky thread.
silekonn
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 4:49    Post subject: Reply with quote
Nobody respects that guy. This guy is completely correct. You are a d*ck. /ambiguous

This project is by best appearances slightly compensated and a great deal volunteer hours. If you gave thought to what you're asking, you'd first have learned where the individual alterations are cataloged (hint, there are not that many items in the two top-level navigations of every page on the forum). Then you could have looked there (account required).

Now that it was pointed out to you, maybe you can put some effort into assisting with what you believe is justifiable to expect of others. I linked the first page, you shouldn't have much difficulty figuring out which are completed. They belong in the changelog. Thanks a bunch.
blenn
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 6:30    Post subject: Reply with quote
silekonn wrote:
Nobody respects that guy. This guy is completely correct. You are a d*ck. /ambiguous

This project is by best appearances slightly compensated and a great deal volunteer hours. If you gave thought to what you're asking, you'd first have learned where the individual alterations are cataloged (hint, there are not that many items in the two top-level navigations of every page on the forum). Then you could have looked there (account required).

Now that it was pointed out to you, maybe you can put some effort into assisting with what you believe is justifiable to expect of others. I linked the first page, you shouldn't have much difficulty figuring out which are completed. They belong in the changelog. Thanks a bunch.

Kudos to you Sir for that post! Cool
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 Display posts from previous:    Page 3 of 3
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: