Netgear R7800 (Nighthawk X4S – AC2600) - status

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 75, 76, 77 ... 98, 99, 100  Next
Author Message
draigun
DD-WRT Novice


Joined: 31 Mar 2016
Posts: 32

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 3:28    Post subject: Reply with quote
Going to try the 6-5-17 build, as I have already encountered the WebGUI crashing...

What's interesting is that before I did a factory reset with the build, all seemed fine. I wanted to do one though since I was flashing from stock to DD-WRT. Done, and now I'm having issues...

FWIW, I am assuming the WEBGUI has crashed, since I cannot get the page to load on WiFi (phone) or Ethernet (desktop). Resulting in a blank page, and it seems some of the source code tries to load, but then abruptly cuts off.

_________________
NETGEAR R7800 (LEDE Reboot 17.01-SNAPSHOT r3458 - hnymans's build)
Info: https://forum.lede-project.org/t/build-for-netgear-r7800/316/1
ARRIS SURFboard SB8200 (HW REV 4)
---
Out of service/retired/defunct:
WRT1900ACv1 @ r31100M kongmv
Retired due to terrible WiFi driver development
Cisco DPC3008 v1.0
Sponsor
giuliomagnifico
DD-WRT User


Joined: 11 Apr 2016
Posts: 222
Location: Italy

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 7:46    Post subject: Reply with quote
Kong's r32590M still has JFFS2 bug, for that it breaks Privoxy, YAMon, etc..

rawd
DD-WRT User


Joined: 06 Jan 2014
Posts: 95

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 14:25    Post subject: Reply with quote
Any noticable differences with the qca nat patch and AP mode?
tatsuya46
DD-WRT Guru


Joined: 03 Jan 2010
Posts: 5548
Location: WPG, Canada

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 15:41    Post subject: Reply with quote
ya, problems everywhere
_________________
LATEST FIRMWARE(S) || Qualcomm Atheros Wi-Fi Settings Guide || Qualcomm Atheros Repeating

[QUALCOMM] R7800 ---------------> DD-WRT v3.0-r33407 std
[QUALCOMM] WNDR4300 v1 ------> DD-WRT v3.0-r33407 std
[QUALCOMM] DIR-862L ------------> DD-WRT v3.0-r33407 std
[QUALCOMM] DIR-862L ------------> DD-WRT v3.0-r33407 std
▲ ACTIVE / INACTIVE ▼
[BROADCOM] DIR-860L A1 --------> DD-WRT v3.0-r33407 std

BrainSlayer wrote:
we just do it since we do not like any restrictions enforced by stupid cocaine snorting managers


Love you AM never forget 10/26/2013..

RIP dad 1945 ~ 2017..
Drax
DD-WRT Novice


Joined: 14 Jan 2015
Posts: 3

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 19:53    Post subject: Reply with quote
This router hasn't been added to the router database although it appears in the list of supported routers and the link to its entry on the wiki appears to be broken. I'm sorry to ask here but it's the only discussion on this router I've found.

I've worked my way backwards through the last few pages of posts on this thread but have been unable to find what I am looking for.

Can anyone provide first time install instructions and recommended version for this router? The only thing I can find so far is the minimum usable version from the "supported devices" page. But that's a minimum, not a recommended. I can't find specific install guide for this router anywhere although I see that a "factory-to-ddwrt.img" file exists so I can imagine that the install is a two step process.

This might have been answered deeper in this thread, but I've read through a number of pages without finding it. Thanks for your help.
rawd
DD-WRT User


Joined: 06 Jan 2014
Posts: 95

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 23:01    Post subject: Reply with quote
tatsuya46 wrote:
ya, problems everywhere


lol dick
tatsuya46
DD-WRT Guru


Joined: 03 Jan 2010
Posts: 5548
Location: WPG, Canada

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 23:27    Post subject: Reply with quote
rawd wrote:
tatsuya46 wrote:
ya, problems everywhere


lol dick


what..? Rolling Eyes

guess u havent seen much of this thread or forums over the last few days..

theres a new "feature" been added that takes shortcuts to get faster nat speed as u seem to know of, & its very broken, like the last time we tried a custom method of doing this (ddtb)..

_________________
LATEST FIRMWARE(S) || Qualcomm Atheros Wi-Fi Settings Guide || Qualcomm Atheros Repeating

[QUALCOMM] R7800 ---------------> DD-WRT v3.0-r33407 std
[QUALCOMM] WNDR4300 v1 ------> DD-WRT v3.0-r33407 std
[QUALCOMM] DIR-862L ------------> DD-WRT v3.0-r33407 std
[QUALCOMM] DIR-862L ------------> DD-WRT v3.0-r33407 std
▲ ACTIVE / INACTIVE ▼
[BROADCOM] DIR-860L A1 --------> DD-WRT v3.0-r33407 std

BrainSlayer wrote:
we just do it since we do not like any restrictions enforced by stupid cocaine snorting managers


Love you AM never forget 10/26/2013..

RIP dad 1945 ~ 2017..
rawd
DD-WRT User


Joined: 06 Jan 2014
Posts: 95

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 23:48    Post subject: Reply with quote
tatsuya46 wrote:
rawd wrote:
tatsuya46 wrote:
ya, problems everywhere


lol dick


what..? Rolling Eyes

guess u havent seen much of this thread or forums over the last few days..

theres a new "feature" been added that takes shortcuts to get faster nat speed as u seem to know of, & its very broken, like the last time we tried a custom method of doing this (ddtb)..


yeah I saw , your response just made me laugh

was wondering if ppl were seeing the promised performance increase atleast
tatsuya46
DD-WRT Guru


Joined: 03 Jan 2010
Posts: 5548
Location: WPG, Canada

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 2:10    Post subject: Reply with quote
rawd wrote:
tatsuya46 wrote:
rawd wrote:
tatsuya46 wrote:
ya, problems everywhere


lol dick


what..? Rolling Eyes

guess u havent seen much of this thread or forums over the last few days..

theres a new "feature" been added that takes shortcuts to get faster nat speed as u seem to know of, & its very broken, like the last time we tried a custom method of doing this (ddtb)..


yeah I saw , your response just made me laugh

was wondering if ppl were seeing the promised performance increase atleast


in lede yes so im assuming here too, i havent even tried that yet since its so broken whats the point. the build with sfe isnt out yet for now only myself & a few others have access to it.

_________________
LATEST FIRMWARE(S) || Qualcomm Atheros Wi-Fi Settings Guide || Qualcomm Atheros Repeating

[QUALCOMM] R7800 ---------------> DD-WRT v3.0-r33407 std
[QUALCOMM] WNDR4300 v1 ------> DD-WRT v3.0-r33407 std
[QUALCOMM] DIR-862L ------------> DD-WRT v3.0-r33407 std
[QUALCOMM] DIR-862L ------------> DD-WRT v3.0-r33407 std
▲ ACTIVE / INACTIVE ▼
[BROADCOM] DIR-860L A1 --------> DD-WRT v3.0-r33407 std

BrainSlayer wrote:
we just do it since we do not like any restrictions enforced by stupid cocaine snorting managers


Love you AM never forget 10/26/2013..

RIP dad 1945 ~ 2017..
tatsuya46
DD-WRT Guru


Joined: 03 Jan 2010
Posts: 5548
Location: WPG, Canada

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 20:48    Post subject: Reply with quote
why does it seem sfe is "flawless" on lede, & working with qos (?) https://forum.lede-project.org/t/qualcomm-fast-path-for-lede/4582/237

while for us it breaks multiple things & doesnt work with qos.?

_________________
LATEST FIRMWARE(S) || Qualcomm Atheros Wi-Fi Settings Guide || Qualcomm Atheros Repeating

[QUALCOMM] R7800 ---------------> DD-WRT v3.0-r33407 std
[QUALCOMM] WNDR4300 v1 ------> DD-WRT v3.0-r33407 std
[QUALCOMM] DIR-862L ------------> DD-WRT v3.0-r33407 std
[QUALCOMM] DIR-862L ------------> DD-WRT v3.0-r33407 std
▲ ACTIVE / INACTIVE ▼
[BROADCOM] DIR-860L A1 --------> DD-WRT v3.0-r33407 std

BrainSlayer wrote:
we just do it since we do not like any restrictions enforced by stupid cocaine snorting managers


Love you AM never forget 10/26/2013..

RIP dad 1945 ~ 2017..
husky55
DD-WRT User


Joined: 19 Nov 2008
Posts: 155
Location: Madison, CT, US

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 12:40    Post subject: Reply with quote
Drax wrote:
This router hasn't been added to the router database although it appears in the list of supported routers and the link to its entry on the wiki appears to be broken. I'm sorry to ask here but it's the only discussion on this router I've found.

I've worked my way backwards through the last few pages of posts on this thread but have been unable to find what I am looking for.

Can anyone provide first time install instructions and recommended version for this router? The only thing I can find so far is the minimum usable version from the "supported devices" page. But that's a minimum, not a recommended. I can't find specific install guide for this router anywhere although I see that a "factory-to-ddwrt.img" file exists so I can imagine that the install is a two step process.

This might have been answered deeper in this thread, but I've read through a number of pages without finding it. Thanks for your help.


1. The instructions are explicit in the readme file.
2. Use the router admin-firmware update to flash the new firmware.
3. kong r32170m is stable.
4. use the factory to ddwrt *.img file for first flash. Use bin file for update.

_________________
Asus RT-N66U (2), Netgear R7500V2(2), Asus RT-AC68R (2)
<Kong>
DD-WRT Guru


Joined: 15 Dec 2010
Posts: 3860
Location: Germany

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 6:48    Post subject: Reply with quote
Next build should fix the hang when sfe is turned on. I also have an idea how to get incomming qos working with sfe. But it would be a bigger change to qos, thus won't come fast.
_________________
KONG PB's: http://www.desipro.de/ddwrt/
KONG Info: http://tips.desipro.de/
tatsuya46
DD-WRT Guru


Joined: 03 Jan 2010
Posts: 5548
Location: WPG, Canada

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 7:05    Post subject: Reply with quote
rawd wrote:
tatsuya46 wrote:
rawd wrote:
tatsuya46 wrote:
ya, problems everywhere


lol dick


what..? Rolling Eyes

guess u havent seen much of this thread or forums over the last few days..

theres a new "feature" been added that takes shortcuts to get faster nat speed as u seem to know of, & its very broken, like the last time we tried a custom method of doing this (ddtb)..


yeah I saw , your response just made me laugh

was wondering if ppl were seeing the promised performance increase atleast


well i tried it on a dir-862L a few days ago, it has a single core 720mhz mips74kc cpu. it got about 920 mbps with iperf, so id say yes..nearly at max speed (around 945 is most ull get with gigabit links cause of ethernet overhead bla bla)

<Kong> wrote:
Next build should fix the hang when sfe is turned on. I also have an idea how to get incomming qos working with sfe. But it would be a bigger change to qos, thus won't come fast.


Shocked Very Happy

_________________
LATEST FIRMWARE(S) || Qualcomm Atheros Wi-Fi Settings Guide || Qualcomm Atheros Repeating

[QUALCOMM] R7800 ---------------> DD-WRT v3.0-r33407 std
[QUALCOMM] WNDR4300 v1 ------> DD-WRT v3.0-r33407 std
[QUALCOMM] DIR-862L ------------> DD-WRT v3.0-r33407 std
[QUALCOMM] DIR-862L ------------> DD-WRT v3.0-r33407 std
▲ ACTIVE / INACTIVE ▼
[BROADCOM] DIR-860L A1 --------> DD-WRT v3.0-r33407 std

BrainSlayer wrote:
we just do it since we do not like any restrictions enforced by stupid cocaine snorting managers


Love you AM never forget 10/26/2013..

RIP dad 1945 ~ 2017..
ALIEN1X
DD-WRT Novice


Joined: 01 Jul 2017
Posts: 20

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 7:48    Post subject: How do I flash my New Netgear R7800 with DD WRT Reply with quote
Hello I have a nw Netgear R7800 with original firmware.
How do I flash DD WRT to it and what file do I need?

I have a R7000 which is flashed but can not find any info on R7800?
Xeon2k8
DD-WRT Guru


Joined: 11 Feb 2016
Posts: 920

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 10:03    Post subject: Re: How do I flash my New Netgear R7800 with DD WRT Reply with quote
ALIEN1X wrote:
Hello I have a nw Netgear R7800 with original firmware.
How do I flash DD WRT to it and what file do I need?

I have a R7000 which is flashed but can not find any info on R7800?

Really? you are posting in a 76 pages thread and couldn't find any info on all of the 76 pages? I would recommend to read them again more slowly.

_________________
R7800 - BS 31924 running since 05/26/17 - (AP - OpenVPN Client - DNSMasq)
R7000 - BS 30771 running since 12/16/16 - (AP - NAS - FTP - SMB - OpenVPN Server - Transmission - DDNS - DNSMasq)
R6250 - BS 29193 running since 03/20/16 - (AP - NAS - FTP - SMB - DNSMasq)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 75, 76, 77 ... 98, 99, 100  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 76 of 100
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum