New build: 07-08-2017-r32597

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Marvell MVEBU based Hardware (WRT1900AC etc.)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
myersw
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 1:39    Post subject: Reply with quote
All dd-wrt firmware should be considered beta. Brainslayer supports over 500 routers and cannot test each one before publishing.
ISP:Comcast
tutorial for flashing "WRT" series:
http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=287813
DD-WRT Installation, Upgrade & Basic Setup–Cliff Notes:
http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=311117
Kong DD-WRT Config Tutorial:
http://www.instructables.com/id/Install-and-Configure-a-DD-WRT-Kong-Router/
I tried to be normal once. Worst 2 minutes ever.
Sponsor
doniNZ74
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 2:52    Post subject: Reply with quote
Noticed that since I have upgraded to v3.0-r32597 on Thursday, CPU load has gone through the roof. No reboots or anything else noticeably wrong though.

[/img]
racera4
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 14:44    Post subject: My experience so far! Reply with quote
I just wanted to report that I have been having pretty good luck with this build R32597 on my WRT1900ACv2. As of this moment it has been running for about 3 days with no issues or reboots... I had been having WiFi troubles with signal, but I think that has more to do with my environment than the firmware.

I do recommend doing the Reset to Factory Defaults when upgrading, because that nearly bricked my router last time when I didn't do that. I also believe it good practice to have Stock on one partition in case you get in a sticky situation.
pmckay
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 3:28    Post subject: Re: WRT1900AC 600MHz processor? Reply with quote
haryadi_aja wrote:
Is it only me? but seems my router, WRT-1900AC v1 shows:
Marvel Armada 370/XP
CPU Cores: 2
CPU Clock:600 MHz
Shouldn't it be 1200MHz? this behaviour occures since 2 last updates.

It's not only you.

So far, everything else on build 32597 is good.

Is CPU Clock speed just a bogus number?
unique_suresh
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 15:05    Post subject: Reply with quote
Quote:
So far, everything else on build 32597 is good.

I think it is showing dynamic value. Try something to increasing load of router cpu then it will scale to 1200 Mhz. What I observed on WRT1900AC V1 with this build.
veekay
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 18:47    Post subject: Reply with quote
Is the performance of the wifi on the builds generally poor? I recently purchased the WRT1200 and flashed it right away, so I can't compare to stock. Using 2.4 or 5 channels I'm getting 24 Mbps and 32Mbps respectively. Using my older router running a 3 year old version of DD and I'm getting 91Mbps. I have messed with all the settings yet, but you'd think out of the box would be a little better than this.

I should also add that upload speeds are still fine and I'm able to hit 91 up on both routers.

Flashed back to stock, getting the same speeds so I'm guessing this router is just crap.
unique_suresh
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 20:33    Post subject: Wifi drops periodically and random reboot Reply with quote
OK. First of all thanks for one of the world best router firmware home users like us. KEEP UP GREAT WORK.

Device : WRT1900AC V1
This is a first time I upgraded this weekend from first beta release router database build to this build. I did go through the pain of re-configuring (Expected and want to keep stock on other partition). There are some minor tweaks here and there compare to previous setup. Everything was good.

Issues :
1. Random reboot on heavy file transfer from LAN device to WIFI device
2. 5 Ghz wifi drops and switched off (Observed in the router LED). Only enabled back on manual reboot.

Not sure anybody having this issue or it just for me due to my config.

PS : I will be not be available to respond till next week (Traveling)
myersw
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 21:52    Post subject: Re: Wifi drops periodically and random reboot Reply with quote
unique_suresh wrote:
OK. First of all thanks for one of the world best router firmware home users like us. KEEP UP GREAT WORK.

This is a first time I upgraded this weekend from first beta release router database build to this build. I did go through the pain of re-configuring (Expected and want to keep stock on other partition). There are some minor tweaks here and there compare to previous setup. Everything was good.

Issues :
2. 5 Ghz wifi drops and switched off (Observed in the router LED). Only enabled back on manual reboot.

I believe that the build you are currently using has the 4.9 kernel in it. The WRT1900ac V1's do not like the 4.9 kernel. Since I am not using a WRT1900AC V1 as my router I am not sure what the latest build is with the 4.4 kernel. A little looking around on this site should answer that or just ask.

ISP:Comcast
tutorial for flashing "WRT" series:
http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=287813
DD-WRT Installation, Upgrade & Basic Setup–Cliff Notes:
http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=311117
Kong DD-WRT Config Tutorial:
http://www.instructables.com/id/Install-and-Configure-a-DD-WRT-Kong-Router/
I tried to be normal once. Worst 2 minutes ever.
jefftk99
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 1:48    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi,

I believe the build, DD-WRT v3.0-r31924 std (05/02/17), has the kernel, Linux 3.18.51 #131 SMP Sun Apr 30 20:34:24 CEST 2017 armv7l

The next build, r32170, goes to the 4.9 kernel.
Cantenna
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 4:22    Post subject: Reply with quote
myersw wrote:
Running fine on my wrt3200. As an experiment as Brainslayer said I could use previous backup I used backup from r32587. Restore went fine and the wrt3200 is running great. Finally this router is showing what it can do with proper firmware.

I'm still using DD-WRT v3.0-r30700M kongmv (09/27/16) Smile

Do you recommend I upgrade? Do you use OpenVPN? Another user reported issues with it, I host an OpenVPN server on my WRT1900ACS v.1. wondering also if there are any major security vulnerabilities that have been patched since this version.

Thank you:)
Yemble
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 6:46    Post subject: Re: Wifi drops periodically and random reboot Reply with quote
unique_suresh wrote:

Issues :

The best stable version for the WRT1900AC v1 is r31924, if you can find it (it got pulled, so try here: http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=309686 ). You can downgrade from the current version via a WebFlash without losing any settings.

r31924 has been up for 36 days without any issue on my v1 since I downgraded from the unstable r32170.
arneande
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 10:35    Post subject: 1900v1 Reply with quote
Firmware: DD-WRT v3.0-r31899 std (04/24/17)
UP Time:10days

arneande

Last edited by arneande on Tue Jul 18, 2017 21:08; edited 2 times in total
unique_suresh
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 14:43    Post subject: Reply with quote
Quote:

I believe the build, DD-WRT v3.0-r31924 std (05/02/17), has the kernel, Linux 3.18.51 #131 SMP Sun Apr 30 20:34:24 CEST 2017 armv7

Thanks. But v3.0-r31924 is removed from ftp site. It may be major issue some other router device. Does any one know why this pulled out ?

Is there way to get signed v3.0-r31924 build ? If so what about previous version release in April ?
Cantenna
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 6:15    Post subject: Reply with quote
just upgraded to this build from kong sept build on my wrt1900acs v.1

OpenVPN Server seems to be broken on this build for me, (was working great on Sept Kong build)

Getting a
TLS Error: TLS handshake failed

Anyone have any insight on this or recommendation for a build with openvpn server support

Also, some strange error messages under DDNS;

Thu Jan 1 11:00:31 1970: INADYN: Started 'INADYN Advanced version 1.96-ADV' - dynamic DNS updater.
Thu Jan 1 11:00:31 1970: I:INADYN: IP address for alias 'all.dnsomatic.com' needs update to 'xxx.xxx.xxx.xx'
Wed Jul 19 20:24:34 2017: INADYN:IP: Error '0x16' resolving host name 'updates.dnsomatic.com'
Wed Jul 19 20:24:34 2017: W:'RC_IP_INVALID_REMOTE_ADDR' (0x12) updating the IPs. (it 0)

Update; just reverted to DD-WRT v3.0-r30700M kongmv (09/27/16), all is working again.

With this build visiting status/openvpn, there is no information displayed. Can someone kindly confirm OpenVPN sever functionality on this build please.

Is it a matter of generating new certs, mine are less than a year old?

And if their is an issue with Openvpn server running on this build could someone kindly suggest another build to try?

Update 2: OpenVPN server is indeed working great with this build. Issue was a configuration error on my part due to a lack of knowledge and a slight change having been made to how openvpn does things... Always a good time catching up Razz

Anyways, glad Bryan Slayer is still supporting this router, thanks Bryan Slayer for the updates m8!
pmckay
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 1:42    Post subject: Re: Wifi drops periodically and random reboot Reply with quote
d0ug wrote:
Yemble wrote:
unique_suresh wrote:

Issues :

The best stable version for the WRT1900AC v1 is r31924, if you can find it (it got pulled, so try here: http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=309686 ). You can downgrade from the current version via a WebFlash without losing any settings.

r31924 has been up for 36 days without any issue on my v1 since I downgraded from the unstable r32170.

The one issue with r31924 is it uses the old version of OpenVPN which has a security exploit. If you don't use the OpenVPN server and leave it disabled you should be fine.

I do however agree that r31924 is otherwise a rock solid build. I ultimately upgraded to the current build because of the OpenVPN exploit and the fact that I do use the OpenVPN server.

This current build does thus far appear to be just as rock solid as the r31924 build on my WRT1200AC v2 hardware. The builds between this current one and r31924 were a mess.

Thanks! I just switched to 31924 and I feel better already. Thanks for the info. I look forward to the next build of DDWRT.

BTW: I implemented OpenVPN on my RaspberryPI so I'm not exposed to the OpenVPN implementation issues on my WRT1200AC V1. It seems to work just fine.

Followup: I just went to the latest build, 32868 - no problems after 2 days. Very Happy
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 Display posts from previous:    Page 5 of 5
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Marvell MVEBU based Hardware (WRT1900AC etc.) All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: