W/Lan weird problem on WR1043ND

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
Trashman
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 23:11    Post subject: W/Lan weird problem on WR1043ND Reply with quote
Hello, i installed recently dd-wrt on a used router i bought recently (TP-Link TL-WR1043ND v1.Cool i tested the router on the original firmware but i dont remember if i tested the specific situation im going to describe, basically all computers and cellphones can connect perfectly to internet and the router GUI, no problem at all here, not on speed or availability BUT there is a problem when i try to do stuff inside the network, basically its like this:

- computer on lan cant ping any of the 2 on wlan (but can use internet perfectly as stated above)

- network printer can be used from anywhere (tho it have a static ip basically because i dont remeber how to set it dynamic and also because its a lot easier to have a static ip in this case, this IP ends in 201 while the dhcp assign by default up to 150)

- computer on wlan #1 can ping the computer on lan (totally weird because the one on lan cant ping back) and can connect to internet perfectly but cant ping the other one on wlan

- computer on wlan #2 cant ping any of the computers and can use internet perfectly

Im on 32753 freshly installed and only set up WPA2+AES and thats all, nothing else touched (i also used the option to reset to default values after upgrading)

Im a kinda advanced user but not expert at all but i can try issuing commands and giving back the results or changing anything to solve this weird problem, again i didnt test the router when i bought it (used and very very cheap) but i cant imagine this as a physical problem because every computer connect perfectly to both internet and the router GUI

And thanks beforehand for any help.

Also as this is an Atheros router i think this is the correct place to post this, guide me to the right place if not.

PS: a tiny bit of added weird info, i can ping from my wired computer to both our cellphones (both on wifi ofc), also all computers have antivirus and (im pretty sure this is totally unrelated but...) all hosts files are empty on all computers...
Sponsor
ian5142
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 2:41    Post subject: Bad hardware Reply with quote
First of all, the WR1043nd v1 is faulty hardware. It is not very stable. I have one and I had to stop using it because of all of the randomly dropped wireless connections. I found out somewhere on the forum here that it is because of a very unstable wireless chip on that particular router, bad hardware, nothing dd-wrt can fix.

As for your particular problem, it is most likely due to AP isolation being turned on. Setting is found on the Wireless settings - Advanced tickbox. Disable that on both WLANs and it should solve the issue.

Some dd-wrt wiki pages are up to date, others are not. PM me if you find an old one.

Atheros:
Netgear R7800 x3 - WDS AP / station, gateway, QoS
TP-Link Archer C7 v2 x2 - WDS Station
TP-Link TL-WDR3600 v1 - WDS Station
TP-Link 841nd v8 - NU
D-Link 615 C1/E3/I1 x 7 - 1 WDS station
D-Link 825 B1 - NU
D-Link 862L A1 x2 - WDS Station
Netgear WNDR3700v2 - NU
UBNT loco M2 x2 - airOS

Broadcom
Linksys EA6400 - Gateway, QoS
Asus N66U - AP
Netgear WNDR3700v3 - not used
MediaTek
UBNT EdgeRouter X - switch
Trashman
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 4:15    Post subject: Reply with quote
Well i had this one for a full week now and didnt have a wifi drop in the whole week so either it now recovers super mega fast or i got a good one or it was actually a firmware problem and its fixed now...anyway...my problem is not "AP isolation" its disabled by default, and just in case it was a config problem i enabled, saved, applyed, disabled, saved and applyed again, still the same problem, remember everything is reset to default...

PS: i only have one wlan to setup, this model is weird indeed

PS2: lets say i want to try openwrt to solve the problem, whats the procedure? go back to factory then openwrt? or there is a method to go straight to openwrt?

More info as i get new ideas to test: if i do a tracert from computer to computer (no matter if lan or wlan) it tries to go thru my isp, if i do the same to the printer it goes straight to the printer
Trashman
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 5:06    Post subject: Reply with quote
so ive read that doing an "arp -a" i get the mac addresses, if they match the problem is most probable a firewall problem, if it is really the case what do i need to check or change?
Alozaros
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 5:15    Post subject: Reply with quote
try this code via Telnet or SSh

swconfig dev eth0 set enable_vlan 1
swconfig dev eth0 set apply

personally i wouldn't bother with this unit or even running OpenWRT, it wont make any difference Smile
to go to OpenWRT you'd need to flash with stock file first use stripped stock files from here:
http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=85237

TP-Link WR1043NDv2 -Gargoyle OS 1.15.x AP,DNS,QoS,Quotas
Qualcomm-Atheros
Netgear XR500 --DD-WRT 55779 Gateway/DoH,Forced DNS,AP Isolation,4VLAN,Ad-Block,Firewall,Vanilla
Netgear R7800 --DD-WRT 55819 Gateway/DoT,AD-Block,Forced DNS,AP&Net Isolation,x3VLAN,Firewall,Vanilla
Netgear R9000 --DD-WRT 55779 Gateway/DoT,AD-Block,AP Isolation,Firewall,Forced DNS,x2VLAN,Vanilla
Broadcom
Netgear R7000 --DD-WRT 55460 Gateway/SmartDNS/DoH,AD-Block,Firewall,Forced DNS,x3VLAN,VPN
NOT USING 5Ghz ANYWHERE
------------------------------------------------------
Stubby DNS over TLS I DNSCrypt v2 by mac913
Trashman
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 6:08    Post subject: Reply with quote
I finally solved my problem on my own, didnt reach to try Alozaros code, it was a windows firewall problem, it was set as in a public network on both wifi computers, sorry everyone involved this had nothing to do with dd-wrt and thank you very much for trying

PS: sorry for my kinda bad english, is not my main language...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: