Which version shall I try ?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Guns
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 16:02    Post subject: Which version shall I try ? Reply with quote
Hi,

after being with linksys firmware for years and therefore lack a real access restriction, I decided to move on dd-wrt, but I chose the 24RC2 version. Or, not only the access restriction isn't working, but the only one wifi computer we have here is no disconnected every now and then. What I want is simply to have a stable network, wifi, and real access restrictions.

I was wondering if downgrading to 22-final-R2 was a solution to me ?

As I don't want to make mistakes, please, if some have any advices I'd be glad to know.

Thanks a lot
Guns
Sponsor
Guns
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 17:57    Post subject: Reply with quote
Well, even if there's no answer, I'll try this ... hope it won't brick my linksys :/

Cheers,
Guns
Guns
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 20:17    Post subject: Reply with quote
Ok so..
24 RC2 was buggy : access restriction didn't work and the wifi connexion with one of my computer was unstable (cuts every 10" on an average basis, sometimes several minutes before it can access the internet again)

So I downgrade to the 23 SP 2
Seemed pretty nice, wifi was very stable, and access restriction seemed to work.. but I don't know why, after the access restriction was applied (and worked) on one machine (the wifi one) the two others, lan connected, were disconnected for 10', then connected 10' then disconnected .. and so long .. well, can't use it.

SOoooo.. downgrade on 22 final R2.. as it's written nowhere, I chose randomly the dd-wrt.v22_generic (seemed the right one ...) on my WRT54GS v4
Now ..
it's bricked .. and nothing works (no ping no tftp, nothing...)

I answer myself just to help, if someone one day want to try to downgrade, do not do it (or be more lucky than me).

Now I'll try to open the plastic case :/

Guns
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: