WRT1200AC Port forwarding not working from internal nodes

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Marvell MVEBU based Hardware (WRT1900AC etc.)
n4mwd
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 1:09    Post subject: WRT1200AC Port forwarding not working from internal nodes Reply with quote
** EDITED **
I removed a section about the DDNS updater that turned out to be my fault.

I am having a problem with internal network nodes not being able to access an asterisk server using the external address. The nodes are VOIP ATA's and they need to be forwarded to the asterisk server and on the correct port.

The system works fine for external nodes from the internet.

This is a new problem with DD-WRT as it wasn't on my Asus RT-N16 running Toastman Tomato.

With my old router, I had asterisk running directly on the router. Because it burned out, I had to use my emergency backup router which also runs Tomato. No problems except that asterisk had to run on a raspberry pi behind the NAT.

I have the necessary ports forwarded to the Pi and the external voip extensions seem to work OK, however, the internal extensions don't work properly. Because there are mobile extensions, they must use the external domain name instead of the internal ones.

The WRT1200AC router is not correctly forwarding internal UDP traffic to the Pi. This problem only exists in DD-WRT because it was working fine with Tomato.

Anybody know if there is a workaround?
Sponsor
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Marvell MVEBU based Hardware (WRT1900AC etc.) All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: