DDWRT failing to connect to internet

fifered
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 7:14    Post subject: DDWRT failing to connect to internet Reply with quote
Hi,
I was hoping someone may be able to assist me. I'm no expert with DDWRT etc.

I have a BT Hub 5 and linksys 1200AC router. I had previously set up a VPN on the linksys router which ran fine for a few months but started having problems connecting to the internet. Essentially the light on the dd wrt router shows that it is connected to the internet but when you try to access the internet windows says that there is no internet connection.

I have performed a 30/30/30 reset of the DDWRT router and done a power cycle of the BT Hub and I am still having the same issues with the DDWRT showing internet connection on the light of the router but no internet connection available when I connect the computer to the router.

I have checked the Home Hub settings and the DDWRT router is showing as connected and has an allocated IP address.

Can anyone suggest what the issue might be preventing the internet connection?

Thanks
Sponsor
Alozaros
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 7:40    Post subject: Reply with quote
hmmm, are you sure it was working....before...
in general BT does not allow 3 rd party DNS services and VPN
was tough to set up when i tried it...but it was ok at the end...
witch VPN do you use..
witch firmware you are currently on your router ??
There ware some changes that might affect VPN settings on those recent builds...try older build or check if VPN settings ware changed from VPN providers..

TP-Link WR1043NDv2 -Gargoyle OS 1.15.x AP,DNS,QoS,Quotas
Qualcomm-Atheros
Netgear XR500 --DD-WRT 55779 Gateway/DoH,Forced DNS,AP Isolation,4VLAN,Ad-Block,Firewall,Vanilla
Netgear R7800 --DD-WRT 55819 Gateway/DoT,AD-Block,Forced DNS,AP&Net Isolation,x3VLAN,Firewall,Vanilla
Netgear R9000 --DD-WRT 55779 Gateway/DoT,AD-Block,AP Isolation,Firewall,Forced DNS,x2VLAN,Vanilla
Broadcom
Netgear R7000 --DD-WRT 55460 Gateway/SmartDNS/DoH,AD-Block,Firewall,Forced DNS,x3VLAN,VPN
NOT USING 5Ghz ANYWHERE
------------------------------------------------------
Stubby DNS over TLS I DNSCrypt v2 by mac913
fifered
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 7:47    Post subject: Reply with quote
yeah it worked for a while. initially i had it set up with sky internet but the problems started when i switched to bt.

I'm using IPvanish and the firmware is DDWRTv3.0-r30796

I checked the IPvanish servers and prior to resetting the ddwrt router the server settings were fine.

I didnt realise that there were issues with setting up 3rd party servies on a BT Hub otherwise i wouldnt have moved to BT. IS it something that can be got around?
Alozaros
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 15:44    Post subject: Reply with quote
if you are using PPPoE nothing can be done...ask ISP if you can get static IP or try to edit script to work with PPPoE
TP-Link WR1043NDv2 -Gargoyle OS 1.15.x AP,DNS,QoS,Quotas
Qualcomm-Atheros
Netgear XR500 --DD-WRT 55779 Gateway/DoH,Forced DNS,AP Isolation,4VLAN,Ad-Block,Firewall,Vanilla
Netgear R7800 --DD-WRT 55819 Gateway/DoT,AD-Block,Forced DNS,AP&Net Isolation,x3VLAN,Firewall,Vanilla
Netgear R9000 --DD-WRT 55779 Gateway/DoT,AD-Block,AP Isolation,Firewall,Forced DNS,x2VLAN,Vanilla
Broadcom
Netgear R7000 --DD-WRT 55460 Gateway/SmartDNS/DoH,AD-Block,Firewall,Forced DNS,x3VLAN,VPN
NOT USING 5Ghz ANYWHERE
------------------------------------------------------
Stubby DNS over TLS I DNSCrypt v2 by mac913
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> General Questions All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: