D-Link DIR-882 A1 AC2600

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware
Fractalis
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 4:02    Post subject: D-Link DIR-882 A1 AC2600 Reply with quote
Hello,

I'm brand new to the custom router firmware community, so please bear with me.

I recently purchased a DIR-882 router which appears to be supported by dd-wrt build 33006 20170803. That date stamp is super recent! I can't find any info on this router in the forums, or any release notes (I'm assuming I'm just blind on that front). I've been reading through posts like the peacock thread but it mentions that it's for Broadcom only and most of these haven't been updated in years, so I find it all a little confusing/intimidating.

I'm pretty confident I can handle flashing the firmware, especially as I have a friend who likes to hack around hardware, but I'm nervous if this is actually a working piece of software for this router and if I'm just going to brick it if things are quite up to code as it were. I don't really want to spend another $200 on what's currently a brand new piece of hardware Smile

Any advice, tips, knowledge, etc. that you guys can provide me to help with this project? I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks!
Sponsor
Fractalis
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 21:06    Post subject: Reply with quote
Here's are 2 more targeted questions:
This router is not listed in the Router Database, but it is in the Supported Devices list.
What is the difference between the two lists?
Am I safe to install the version listed in supported devices and have things work?

Thanks
Malachi
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 21:42    Post subject: Reply with quote
Don't use the router database. Follow the supported devices page.
You maybe he only one with this router. Try it.
D-link routers have a recover mode. Google d-link emergency room.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 22:04    Post subject: Reply with quote
Update: Build 33006 appears to have worked on this router! I'm still messing with settings and trying to figure out how everything works, but it's at least up and running!!
Malachi
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 22:26    Post subject: Reply with quote
I've got a dir-878 on the way which is the same router minus USB ports. Curious to see how it compares to my r7800, rt-ac68p and wrt1900ac.
I wanted one of all the major chipsets. Lol

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 4:14    Post subject: Reply with quote
Small issue?
When I look at the advanced wireless settings for the 5GHz band, they match the 2.4GHz options. Even the transmission speed talks about the same slower speeds of up to 54Mbps. More importantly for me; I don't see anything talking about MU-MIMO which this router supports. Any ideas why I'd have identical settings showing for WL0 and WL1 advanced?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: