Netgear WNDR3400v2 N600

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
tedm
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2016 17:52    Post subject: Current on WNDR 3400v2 Reply with quote
The only alternative firmware I can find for this router is on myopenrouter which you are running.

That is at https://www.myopenrouter.com/download/dd-wrt-netgear-wndr3400v2-heartbleed-protection
Sponsor
imsearchingforabuild
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2016 14:36    Post subject: Reply with quote
Nevermind, I already bricked it Confused but Im pretty sure it can be debricked since it gives me 1-3 ttl=100 responses, but after that the network adapter says "no device connected" and it's lost. I also made a topic but got no responses yet.

Quote:
Hi,

seems like I bricked my netgear wndr3400v2 router. I tried multiple firmwares like dd-wrt/tomato etc. dd-wrt was the best, but my main goal was to have working qos and port forwarding/DMZ. With the build that was around those 2 features didnt work. So some time ago I flashed another version that bricked it. (I unbricked it once though).

The problem this time is, that I can get only 1-2 (occassionally 3) ping responses ttl=100 before timeouts happen and the ethernet adapter loses connection and says "no device connected". Last time I tftp'd it to unbrick it I had steady pings.

Whether I use windows tftp client or putty/tftp2 nothing works. My timing is with high certainty not the fault, tried it like 70 times. Problem seems to be the ethernet adapter that "gives up" too early and says there's no device connected.

Any advice? Any hope? JTAG and serial cable methods are not an option. Can I somehow tweak the ethernet adapter settings in windows so that it holds the connection longer (1-3 pings more would be sufficient I guess)?

If there's absolutely no hope without JTAG and stuff though, let me know. Im just a gamer starving for QoS (cause my main router does not have it customizable) and if I have to I'll buy a cheap dd-wrt-compatible router.

Thank you very much for your help in advance! I read some things in here and the community seems to be awesome!

So if anyone had the same issue and solved it, would be cool if you let me know!
Rick77
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 7:40    Post subject: Reply with quote
I just found a version 1 sitting on a shelf in my basement that I forgot about. I shelved it after it kept dropping connections 2-3 times a day and had to be reset.
Let the flashing begin. Very Happy
numanair
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 10:13    Post subject: Reply with quote
I picked up a wndr3400v2. I updated to the newest stock firmware and then flashed the 2014 Hearbleed fix build linked to in this thread. So far client bridge mode is working well. I am wondering if there will ever be newer builds for this router?
jerrymc777
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 16:25    Post subject: Procedure to flash the WNDR3400v2 Reply with quote
numanair wrote:
I picked up a wndr3400v2. I updated to the newest stock firmware and then flashed the 2014 Hearbleed fix build linked to in this thread. So far client bridge mode is working well. I am wondering if there will ever be newer builds for this router?

What's the procedure to flash this WNDR3400v2 file?
I did not see any instructions on the DL page...

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 Display posts from previous:    Page 8 of 8
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: