Cisco E900 - Trailing install

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
hurricane.janko
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 11:44    Post subject: Cisco E900 - Trailing install Reply with quote
Hello,

this is my first post on the forum and a n00b question however I do not find any conclusive answer to my pretty basic problem on the wiki.As I am in the middle of flashing cisco e900 (I used 21061 version for initial flash), now the next setup is to flash in with BIG version. Should I follow all the steps from
http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Linksys_E900 from 1-9 for each version,or should I just go to Administration/Firmware Upgrade and upload big_version ?
I am confused and overcautious probably but I do not want to brick it...
Sponsor
buddee
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 13:53    Post subject: Re: Cisco E900 - Trailing install Reply with quote
hurricane.janko wrote:
Hello,

this is my first post on the forum and a n00b question however I do not find any conclusive answer to my pretty basic problem on the wiki.As I am in the middle of flashing cisco e900 (I used 21061 version for initial flash), now the next setup is to flash in with BIG version. Should I follow all the steps from
http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Linksys_E900 from 1-9 for each version,or should I just go to Administration/Firmware Upgrade and upload big_version ?
I am confused and overcautious probably but I do not want to brick it...

Since you already have dd-wrt on there, you can just go to the upgrade tab and upgrade using the big nv64k.bin (select to reset to defaults of course) and then follow steps 6 thru 11.

i'll amend an 'upgrading' procedure within the wiki to reflect such.

Having problems with port forwarding? Check out Port Forward Troubleshooting for more info.
tzuan
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 0:06    Post subject: Linksys E-900 testing Reply with quote
Hi all. Today I updated a Linksys E900 with v3.0-r33006 big (08/03/17) (dd-wrt.v24-33006_NEWD-2_K2.6_big-nv64k.bin). I setup the device as an AP (as detailed https://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Wireless_Access_Point), and took the time to do some testing.

The device works as expected, but a couple of issues hold true regardless of the firmware version (tested with 26653 as well):

1) Wireless channel setting not working.

Even after a 30/30/30 reset, the wireless channel is not correctly set. Although the default value is 6, the device uses channel 1. Manually modifying the channel through either the GUI or the console has no effect.

After changing the mode (from mixed to B-Only) the selected channel is set as expected.

2) Wireless bandwidth is reduced.

Testing the bandwidth with 3 different websites, I get a consistent result around 10 Mbps download / 1 Mbps upload (as expected) but only if connected through a lan port. Using wifi (using B mode), the result tops around 5.5 Mbps dl and 1 Mpbs upload.

Any thoughts?
jwh7
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 16:01    Post subject: Re: Linksys E-900 testing Reply with quote
tzuan wrote:
Even after a 30/30/30 reset, the wireless channel is not correctly set. Although the default value is 6, the device uses channel 1. Manually modifying the channel through either the GUI or the console has no effect.

After changing the mode (from mixed to B-Only) the selected channel is set as expected.
I noticed this too, when I setup my E1500 with 33006.
jwh7 wrote:
Issues/Errors: 1. Wireless channel wouldn't change from 1, until (skipping a lot of interim testing/mucking) I changed mode from 'Mixed' to 'NG-Mixed'.
I would expect that using 'B-only' would limit your bandwidth; do you have 'NG-Mixed'?
|FreshTomato: F7D8302@532|OpenWRT: F9K1119v1, RT-ACRH13, R6220, WNDR3700v4
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: