Will firmware for the Asus RT-AC56U work for the DSL-AC56U?

Joaquin_bloch123
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 15:29    Post subject: Will firmware for the Asus RT-AC56U work for the DSL-AC56U? Reply with quote
Hello guys,
I am a newcomer here, I have brought a DSL-AC56U Asus router by accident instead of ordering the RT-AC56U which I had already researched as DD-WRT acceptable. The intented use of this would be to setup a VPN that routes through to the UK as this router will be in Spain and I would like to access catch up TV on my Sky + HD tv box, and possibly in the future the new SKY Q box.
As I have mentioned I am relatively new to this so can I get some advice on how to flash my router with DD-WRT, if possible. Also can someone point me in the way of a video that can possibly help make life easier explaining how it's done as I find the Peacock thread a bit hard to understand. Thanks in advance.
Sponsor
Malachi
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 21:38    Post subject: Reply with quote
No it won't. Modem/router combos are not supported.
This is totally different hardware inside anyway.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 21:50    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thanks for speedy reply Malachi. I kinda thought that would be the case and I've taken the necessary steps of refunding it and sending it back and now buying myself the Asus RT-AC66U. This costs the same amount of money and is compatible with DD-WRT.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> General Questions All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: