[HELP!] Linksys E1200 V2 (Bricked)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
rickyfajar93
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 9:24    Post subject: [HELP!] Linksys E1200 V2 (Bricked) Reply with quote
(Using latest build)

everything was fine before i clone my mac address to the router , after i hit APPLY , it never come back and i check the hardware only to find out all the leds lit up very dim

I've tried connecting it to serial port and turns up nothing

No wired connection either.

30-30-30 did absolutely nothing

Any info on the symptoms?

Any help will be highly appreciated.
Sponsor
wathcerize
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 14:27    Post subject: Reply with quote
Have you found out any help on this issue? i woke up today to find the same issue!! not sure what happened, but everything was working fine!
rickyfajar93
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 3:22    Post subject: Reply with quote
wathcerize wrote:
Have you found out any help on this issue? i woke up today to find the same issue!! not sure what happened, but everything was working fine!

Nope , haven't found any solution yet

But i suspect the Broadcom IC was overheating and cracks a few solder joint.

i might reflow the chip this weekend.

Hope it matters Confused
wathcerize
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 10:28    Post subject: E1200 all lights on - dimmed - brick Reply with quote
Guess what! I tried plugging in the power cable today.. and it started working..

But not as expected, it started to boot.. all lights flashed once, and the WPS light blinked once, then all went off...

Did a power cycle, same happened again.

Did a couple of power cycles.. the the WPS light kept on after the boot, but no wireless or cable signals.

Did a 30/30/30 reset (Btw i did a lot of resets when all lights were dimmed, but it didnt do anything)

Then something very weird and never found any occurrences on the internet about it .. the router started to boot after a power cycle, then the LAN port number 2 light kept On!! and all others are off! lol

Didnt give up, power cycles.. a couple .. then got the dd-wrt wireless signal on my laptop.. This means that the Resets i did before was successful, but for some reason it was not booting.

Now i started configuring the router, all was good, till i changed the router Subnet to be 192.168.2.1 to work with my main ADSL router, once that done, all bricks again.

it takes me around a day of trials of the above combinations.. not sure what exactly makes it succeed to boot again..

Today i will try to not mess alot with the configs, in case this was the issue (Or may be a conflict with the ADSL router?? ) I have no clue yet, And just FYI , this is my first ever trial playing with router Smile

i will try to keep this post updated, in case any one unfortunate like me ever face this.
jwh7
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 15:17    Post subject: Re: E1200 all lights on - dimmed - brick Reply with quote
wathcerize wrote:
it takes me around a day of trials of the above combinations.. not sure what exactly makes it succeed to boot again..
Sounds like it could be a hardware issue; do you have a multimeter? Try a different power supply (same voltage and >= current), since that's easy. Or you could having failing caps, as that's an older router...do you have access to an ESR meter? My old WRT's acting very strangely when their caps were dying, and unfortunately none had visible distress (nor -any- failing caps I've found in routers).
|FreshTomato: F7D8302@532|OpenWRT: F9K1119v1, RT-ACRH13, R6220, WNDR3700v4
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: