Multiple hotspots single network

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Erikk
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 19:51    Post subject: Multiple hotspots single network Reply with quote
Because of location phone tethering/hotspot is the most affordable high speed internet or my wife and I. I have a Linksys WRT-54G v2.0 and a second (unsupported) Linksys router.

Here is what I want to do. First, I want to use the WRT-54G as a means to connect to our phones simultaneously (as we leave and come home) as a bridge or reapeater. Then have the WRT-54G connect to the second router as the second router's "ISP", and use the second router as the "home wifi/network.
I hope this is clear...I will load a picture. Just to make sure.

Is this possible?

If I posted this in the wrong location or in the wrong way I'm sorry. I read all the stickies, peacock, and wiki, and I think I ended up even more confused.

IMG_0225.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  90.57 KB
 Viewed:  2303 Time(s)

IMG_0225.JPG

Sponsor
jwh7
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 3:08    Post subject: Re: Multiple hotspots single network Reply with quote
Erikk wrote:
Here is what I want to do. First, I want to use the WRT-54G as a means to connect to our phones simultaneously (as we leave and come home) as a bridge or reapeater. Then have the WRT-54G connect to the second router as the second router's "ISP"
I think this would work if the WRT is set up as a Client (or Client Bridge), connecting to the phones' hotspots using the same SSID (just probably don't have both hotspots active simultaneously...?), then the other router connects wired as a wireless Access Point.
https://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Linking_Routers

|FreshTomato: F7D8302@532|OpenWRT: F9K1119v1, RT-ACRH13, R6220, WNDR3700v4
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: