Socks5 Client on DD-WRT with forwarding

Xansala
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 6:07    Post subject: Socks5 Client on DD-WRT with forwarding Reply with quote
Dear forum,

I have set-up my DD-WRT router (r33006 on a ACS1900v2) with OpenVPN with Stunnel that connects to my VPS so all clients that are connected to the router are automatically using the VPN (reason: internet censorship in the country where I live). However, the speed is not really satisfactory.

Now I have setup a Socks5 Server on my VPS and connect via a client from my Desktop - the speed is just amazing. I am wondering if it would be possible to setup the Socks Client directly on the router so that all traffic is routed automatically through the Socks server - in an ideal case even without providing proxy settings for the clients.

I have searched the forum but could not really understand if it works and how to set it up. Some of the threads I found were also several years old, so probably the information is outdated. My questions are:

1. How to set-up a socks client on DD-WRT? Which software can I use (opkg is up and running)?
2. Is it possible to forward all traffic through the Socks Proxy on DD-WRT without doing any settings on the clients? If yes, how?

Kind regards,
Xansala
Sponsor
Mile-Lile
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 13:01    Post subject: Reply with quote
you can try using Privoxy and manually set Forwarding to your SOCKS on VPS...

https://www.privoxy.org/user-manual/config.html
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Advanced Networking All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: