WRT3200ACM??

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Marvell MVEBU based Hardware (WRT1900AC etc.)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 147, 148, 149 ... 197, 198, 199  Next
05dyna
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 4:12    Post subject: Reply with quote
Since we are reminiscing.... I took the wrt54g out of service last year and the wrt300n a few weeks ago. both are mine and were loaned to relatives for the long term. needless to say dd-wrt is installed on both.
Sponsor
vit5421
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 18:11    Post subject: Reply with quote
aairon wrote:
panoramarts wrote:
I am using 08-03-2017-r33006 latest build and I have encountered two bricking (power led flashing) had two reset to stock by holding reset and ON/OFF power switch four times to revert it. Anybody encountering this problem?

As far as I can tell there is NO version of DD-WRT for WRT3200ACM that doesn't exhibit some " reset, loss of 5GHZ , loss of wifi authentication, and various things" UNDER CERTAIN circumstances.

Many people may find that in their particular case that some version of the DD-WRT firmware works fine for them.
The only way you will have any idea which version might work in your particular situation will be to do an incredible amount of reading and eventually try a lot of versions.

Since very high traffic on 5Ghz is super important for me NONE of the DD-WRT versions will work for more then half a day before my 5 Ghz clients will no longer be able to be authenticated. I am using LEDE right now.

I learned a lot of computer languages back in the late 60's and early 70's and no longer have the ambition to take up linux.

As a result I can safely say that the LEDE firmware "UI" is the most user hostile interface I've ever had the displeasure to deal with and the only way to make it close to DD-WRT in features is to learn about linux and figure out a way to add functionality.

For me when DD-WRT works for everything I need, it's like the clouds have parted...... Sol is shining brightly and warmly on my face, I hear birds singing, I smell fresh grass and trees and flowers, I hear children playing and laughing, and I know everything is good in the world.

I've pretty much have decided at this point to go back to the "Linksys/Belkin" firmware (even this may prove futile as the "STOCK" firmware is reporting 5Ghz drops) until BS gets some more time if he decides to keep plugging away at this headache.
I wouldn't blame him if he decides to stop further work on this, since the folks he has to get information from, will not give freely.
Good luck in your case you may find the last unofficial version will work for you.

P.S. My issues on 5 Ghz may be due to a poor choice of channels combined with (DD-WRT) radar detect needing to switch channels, may be causing the loss of authentication, I will try different 5 Ghz AP Channel and start test on last test version.

Dear aairon,
It was one of the most poetic message in the forum , like it.
What a wonderful World with great Internet and router. LOl. Thank you

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 18:55    Post subject: WiFi Speedchecker and Rebooting router R33006 Linksys3200ACM Reply with quote
I have been running this version for about 2 weeks. I have noticed a couple of issues that I have not seen posted or at least I couldn't find them. Anyway question number 1) WiFi speed checker does not work. I am running Windows 10 latest build 1703. I have used Microsoft edge, IE 11, and chrome. It goes to page asking about speed, connection type and I enter the info and the speed checker disappears.
Question 2) I noticed the first 3 days running this build I would have to reboot my router every morning to get to the GUI of the router, and to be able to surf the web. I just set the router to reboot every morning at 0500hrs and at least that problem disappeared.
Thanks,
Ed
gufus
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 20:29    Post subject: Re: WiFi Speedchecker and Rebooting router R33006 Linksys320 Reply with quote
harrisedg wrote:
Question 2) I noticed the first 3 days running this build I would have to reboot my router every morning to get to the GUI of the router, and to be able to surf the web. I just set the router to reboot every morning at 0500hrs and at least that problem disappeared.
Thanks,
Ed

That was a issue with the wifi driver, it's been fixed.

The next public beta will have the new wifi driver.

LookingForMyMojo
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 22:46    Post subject: Reply with quote
aairon wrote:
LookingForMyMojo wrote:
@aairon

LEDE is as easy as DDWRT to use if a person just reads a little.

Right so DD-WRT is redundant?
Maybe you should convince BS of that. Smile

Fortran is just as easy as cobol if a person just reads a little. makes total sense too me.

By The Way, Lest You Forget we are on a Forum called

DD-WRT!

Right, and I was responding to one of your posts comparing LEDE usability vs DDWRT usability, so maybe you should remember what you post.
"Lest you forget you are in a ddwrt forum".

if you actually read the posts here, you would have seen that I have standardized on ddwrt instead on the other one because it is better.

As mentioned in that post, I am eagerly awaiting BS's next image.

https://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=312142&highlight=ac86u
ddweb
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 3:09    Post subject: Reply with quote
I've been struggling to get decent 5GHz reliability from dd-wrt on both a WRT1900ACS and a WRT3200ACM using r33006.

The WRT1900ACS works amazingly to my laptop with intel 7250 wireless (like 650+Mbps download speeds), and very well also to an Archer C7 in WDS mode (where I get nearly 500 Mbps). Unfortunately I run into weird problems with android devices, where they are constantly getting kicked off the network and reconnecting, and where sometimes the speed drops from 300Mbps to 300Kbps for seconds a a time, making video calls and video streaming impossible. Another machine with an Edimax EW-7811UAC USB WiFi radio periodically has latency of 100+msec for seconds at a time.

The WRT3200ACM is even worse, where the android devices can't even see it, though my laptop works fine. Neither of the two 5 GHz-capable radios seems to work as a WiFi client, and WDS is completely broken. That's too bad because I was hoping to use one of the 5GHz radios as a WDS client and the other as an AP, to double my speed. I tried LEDE, too, and it's even worse--basically works a little bit but then says the radio is disabled without explaining why, and nothing works to fix it other than rebooting. Given that the channel settings are inscrutable, all those reboots make for an intolerable amount of trial and error.

At this point I've given up on the WRT3200ACM router until future DD-WRT (or LEDE) releases. Because I need WDS or at least client mode, the factory firmware is no good and the router is just an expensive piece of hardware gathering dust on my shelf. Even the stock firmware is lower performance to my laptop than DD-WRT on the WRT1900ACS. For the WRT1900ACS, I've temporarily gone over to LEDE, but am hoping to come back to DD-WRT if there are WiFi reliability fixes in future releases.

Since there's some DD-WRT vs. LEDE discussion in this thread, let me say that I really appreciate having two high-quality open-source firmware projects. The availability of alternatives makes it easier to diagnose problems. I prefer DD-WRT because it just seems to do what I need more easily, and the interface is comprehensible for things that matter, like WiFi channel, DFS, WDS configuration. LEDE's handling of WiFi channels is completely inscrutable for wide channels--it is neither the center frequency nor the base frequency, so you basically need to do trial and error to get on a legal frequency and have no way of configuring or understanding the extension frequencies.

However, LEDE does do a few things better than DD-WRT, and I hope one day DD-WRT can benefit from these. One example is the UI for handling the hardware switch and VLAN tagging. Another is the ability to flash the factory ROM image from LEDE using sysupgrade, which helps debugging by facilitating switching between ROMs. For the WRT1900ACS, having special revert images at http://source.wifihell.com/3-DD-WRT-KONG/K3-AC-MVEBU/LinksysFW/ was great, but I don't know how to make such images myself. For the WRT3200ACM, I'm trying to keep one of my two partitions on factory, because if I switch the whole thing to DD-WRT, I'll have to bust out the serial cable to get back to anything else. But then it's very hard to do back-to-back comparison of two DD-WRT versions. Basically the idea that installing DD-WRT is a one-way operation is quite a bit more stressful than LEDE, which can flash other ROM formats.
Adamcarter
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 4:19    Post subject: Reply with quote
Well we can pre-order the wrt-32x now.

Laughing out loud....
dciphered
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 5:40    Post subject: Reply with quote
ddweb wrote:
I've been struggling to get decent 5GHz reliability from dd-wrt on both a WRT1900ACS and a WRT3200ACM using r33006.

The WRT1900ACS works amazingly to my laptop with intel 7250 wireless (like 650+Mbps download speeds), and very well also to an Archer C7 in WDS mode (where I get nearly 500 Mbps). Unfortunately I run into weird problems with android devices, where they are constantly getting kicked off the network and reconnecting, and where sometimes the speed drops from 300Mbps to 300Kbps for seconds a a time, making video calls and video streaming impossible. Another machine with an Edimax EW-7811UAC USB WiFi radio periodically has latency of 100+msec for seconds at a time.

The WRT3200ACM is even worse, where the android devices can't even see it, though my laptop works fine. Neither of the two 5 GHz-capable radios seems to work as a WiFi client, and WDS is completely broken. That's too bad because I was hoping to use one of the 5GHz radios as a WDS client and the other as an AP, to double my speed. I tried LEDE, too, and it's even worse--basically works a little bit but then says the radio is disabled without explaining why, and nothing works to fix it other than rebooting. Given that the channel settings are inscrutable, all those reboots make for an intolerable amount of trial and error.

At this point I've given up on the WRT3200ACM router until future DD-WRT (or LEDE) releases. Because I need WDS or at least client mode, the factory firmware is no good and the router is just an expensive piece of hardware gathering dust on my shelf. Even the stock firmware is lower performance to my laptop than DD-WRT on the WRT1900ACS. For the WRT1900ACS, I've temporarily gone over to LEDE, but am hoping to come back to DD-WRT if there are WiFi reliability fixes in future releases.

Since there's some DD-WRT vs. LEDE discussion in this thread, let me say that I really appreciate having two high-quality open-source firmware projects. The availability of alternatives makes it easier to diagnose problems. I prefer DD-WRT because it just seems to do what I need more easily, and the interface is comprehensible for things that matter, like WiFi channel, DFS, WDS configuration. LEDE's handling of WiFi channels is completely inscrutable for wide channels--it is neither the center frequency nor the base frequency, so you basically need to do trial and error to get on a legal frequency and have no way of configuring or understanding the extension frequencies.

However, LEDE does do a few things better than DD-WRT, and I hope one day DD-WRT can benefit from these. One example is the UI for handling the hardware switch and VLAN tagging. Another is the ability to flash the factory ROM image from LEDE using sysupgrade, which helps debugging by facilitating switching between ROMs. For the WRT1900ACS, having special revert images at http://source.wifihell.com/3-DD-WRT-KONG/K3-AC-MVEBU/LinksysFW/ was great, but I don't know how to make such images myself. For the WRT3200ACM, I'm trying to keep one of my two partitions on factory, because if I switch the whole thing to DD-WRT, I'll have to bust out the serial cable to get back to anything else. But then it's very hard to do back-to-back comparison of two DD-WRT versions. Basically the idea that installing DD-WRT is a one-way operation is quite a bit more stressful than LEDE, which can flash other ROM formats.

BTW you don't have to bust out any serial cable with DD-WRT if you want to revert back to factory FW. DD-WRT (since a few versions ago) natively supports flashing of Linksys FW without a fuss. I've done it and it works a beauty, plus it's done via the WebUI by simply selecting the Linksys image > upload and boom.
myersw
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 15:58    Post subject: Reply with quote
Adamcarter wrote:

Laughing out loud....

Yes. Look at how long it took for Linksys to really support the devs on the wrt3200. My wrt3200 has a 8/10/2016 build date, bought used by the way. Just now getting decent drivers for it.

As I understand it the wrt32x is just a wrt3200 with the Killer gaming engine in it. Needs a PC that supports the gaming engine as well to work. Probably take the devs awhile to figure that all out and since I am not a gamer I really do not care about it.

ISP:Comcast
tutorial for flashing "WRT" series:
http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=287813
DD-WRT Installation, Upgrade & Basic Setup–Cliff Notes:
http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=311117
Kong DD-WRT Config Tutorial:
http://www.instructables.com/id/Install-and-Configure-a-DD-WRT-Kong-Router/
I tried to be normal once. Worst 2 minutes ever.
gufus
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 18:40    Post subject: Reply with quote
myersw wrote:
Adamcarter wrote:

Laughing out loud....

Yes. Look at how long it took for Linksys to really support the devs on the wrt3200. My wrt3200 has a 8/10/2016 build date, bought used by the way. Just now getting decent drivers for it.

As I understand it the wrt32x is just a wrt3200 with the Killer gaming engine in it. Needs a PC that supports the gaming engine as well to work. Probably take the devs awhile to figure that all out and since I am not a gamer I really do not care about it.

Ya. (same old same old)

This is whaat we have so far.

WRT1900AC(v1) - Mamba
WRT1900AC(v2) - Cobra
WRT1900ACS - Shelby (v1 v2)
WRT1200AC - Caiman (v1 v2)
WRT3200ACM - Rango

R@VEN
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 22:00    Post subject: R33180 Reply with quote
I just flashed the latest r33180. Everything seems to be working so far. I hope the 5gz issue is fixed. Does this have the new wifi driver?
gufus
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 22:16    Post subject: Re: R33180 Reply with quote
R@VEN wrote:
I just flashed the latest r33180. Everything seems to be working so far. I hope the 5gz issue is fixed. Does this have the new wifi driver?

Yes, the issue was closed https://github.com/kaloz/mwlwifi/issues/198 but it could be re-opened I guess

Yes, it has the new driver

aairon
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 2:23    Post subject: Reply with quote
ddweb wrote:

The WRT3200ACM is even worse, where the android devices can't even see it, though my laptop works fine. Neither of the two 5 GHz-capable radios seems to work as a WiFi client, and WDS is completely broken. That's too bad because I was hoping to use one of the 5GHz radios as a WDS client and the other as an AP, to double my speed.

Try the latest Beta and I think you might be pleasantly surprised, The 5 Ghz is still being tested for a lot of things going on with very select clients
Android devices seem fine here right now I've been looking at the logs for any signs of the things that were happening before but it looks better.

I can't force it to drop this certain client any longer no mater what I try but it will take days just to confirm that even 90% of all configurations will work.
I'd suggest you load it from the Linksys firmware.
Good Luck.
CaperJoe
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 2:37    Post subject: WRT3200ACM- Build 33180 no go 2.4Ghz Reply with quote
As soon as I enable 2.4Ghz with WPA2 Personal security ( AES ) router goes into a boot loop. Anyone else having this issue??
ddweb
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 3:19    Post subject: Reply with quote
dciphered wrote:

BTW you don't have to bust out any serial cable with DD-WRT if you want to revert back to factory FW. DD-WRT (since a few versions ago) natively supports flashing of Linksys FW without a fuss. I've done it and it works a beauty, plus it's done via the WebUI by simply selecting the Linksys image > upload and boom.

Thanks, this is great to hear. I know this works on my Archer C7. However, I was unable to flash the latest factory image from DD-WRT on my WRT1900ACS. That made me scared even to try on the WRT3200ACM, because obviously if it fails then I've lost my one factory partition.

I supposed I can try again on the 1900ACS, and if that works try the 3200. I do actually have a USB-to-TTL, but it still sounds like a pain because of the spacing of the pins and such.

Is there any information available on the difference between DD-WRT and factory image formats? I have this vague recollection in the past that I could convert a factory image to DD-WRT format by chopping a fixed-length header off the front. Now, however, the factory-to-ddwrt images are actually 4KiB shorter than the webflash bin files.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 147, 148, 149 ... 197, 198, 199  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 148 of 199
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Marvell MVEBU based Hardware (WRT1900AC etc.) All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: