YAMon 3.0... Usage Reporting by device per hr/day/mo

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> General Questions
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 113, 114, 115 ... 149, 150, 151  Next
gainestr
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 3:52    Post subject: Memory Usage issues with YAMon3 Reply with quote
When running DD-WRT without YAMon, I am using only 13% of my available memory. Even after several days its no more than 15%. However, when I run YAMon, the memory usage goes up quite a bit. After 2-3 days the system is using 29%+ of available memory. I realize that there is still a lot of memory left but 100%+ increase in 2-3 days seems excessive. I have checked my log files in YAMon and I get a repeating entry:

!!! No matching entry in _currentUsers for / 72.135.xxx.xx (72\.135\.xxx\.xx)?!? - adding 1390 to unknown mac (_totalLostBytes=643226 / 1390)

(the IP address that is hidden is my WAN IPv4 address). Looks to repeat every 30 seconds.

Do I have something configured wrong or is there something that I can do to prevent YAMon3 from using up available memory?

CPU Model: Marvell Armada 385
Router: Linksys WRT1900ACSv2
Firmware: DD-WRT v3.0-r39144 std (03/11/19)
Kernel: Linux 4.9.162 #871 SMP Mon Mar 11 03:05:23 CET 2019 armv7l
WiFi Driver: 10.3.8.0-20181120 (strings /lib/modules/*.*/mwlwifi.ko | grep "^10.3")
Options: AP, OpenVPN Server, OpenVPN Client, IPv6, UPnP, QoS(Disabled), SFE (Disabled)

Others:
Linksys SE4008 WRT 8-Port Gigabit Ethernet Switch (LAN Switch)
QNAP TS-253A-8G NAS (2-bay, WD Red 4TB each)
Sponsor
ddaniel51
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 7:21    Post subject: Reply with quote
My routers are running stable around 29%.
Wired AP 3 Unifi Wifi 6 LR US 1Gb LAN
Syslog Services Asustor 7110T NAS 10GB
NetGear XS716T 10GB Switch
download1.dd-wrt.com/dd-wrtv2/downloads/betas/ (Brain Slayer)
YAMon https://usage-monitoring.com/index.php
al_c
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 13:34    Post subject: Re: Memory Usage issues with YAMon3 Reply with quote
gainestr wrote:
When running DD-WRT without YAMon, I am using only 13% of my available memory. Even after several days its no more than 15%. However, when I run YAMon, the memory usage goes up quite a bit. After 2-3 days the system is using 29%+ of available memory. I realize that there is still a lot of memory left but 100%+ increase in 2-3 days seems excessive. I have checked my log files in YAMon and I get a repeating entry:

!!! No matching entry in _currentUsers for / 72.135.xxx.xx (72\.135\.xxx\.xx)?!? - adding 1390 to unknown mac (_totalLostBytes=643226 / 1390)

(the IP address that is hidden is my WAN IPv4 address). Looks to repeat every 30 seconds.

Do I have something configured wrong or is there something that I can do to prevent YAMon3 from using up available memory?

Hmmm... I'll have to look into that.

Al

(What's the use of memory if you're not going to use it Smile)
bluzfanmr1
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2017 18:09    Post subject: Reply with quote
al_c wrote:
NiTrus wrote:
al_c wrote:
NiTrus wrote:

it works with chrome on my PC..it wont load on ios devices...(iphone7p/ipad pro)

Did none of the report tabs work on your iDevices? I don't have any iDevices & don't normally use Safari but when I tried it this evening, I found that the reports would not load at all on my WinX laptop.

I made a small change to yamon3.3.html, found & fixed a number of CSS issues and the reports are working much better now in Safari than they were earlier this evening. There where no significant changes in Chrome or FireFox (As a general rule, I do not use (or test) the reports in MSIE.)

I just posted the updated version of yamon3.3.html to http://usage-monitoring.com/manualInstall.php... go there to get the latest file (or run install.sh again - but that seems like overkill for just one file). I've also updated `yamon3.3.css` in the /current directory. As always when the CSS and/or JS files are updated, you might have to hit <ctrl>+F5 to clear the old versions from the cache.

Please take a look and let me know if these changes help.

Al

all tabs work, live updates dont update every 30secs..i tryed updating to latest files, no change, live update still not updating..

edit: looks like its updating every minute, started with 2 mins..good enough for me..

Thx for the update. What's the next issue to fix?

Al I use Safari on a MacBook Pro as well as on my iPhone and the live updates have stopped working recently. If I use Firefox it works and I can see the live data being posted correctly to the YAMon log files. I think it must be a Safari thing, but it's not a huge deal and I thought I'd pass it along.

***RIP***TRENDnet TEW-811DRU***FRIED***

bluzfanmr1
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2017 15:52    Post subject: Reply with quote
bluzfanmr1 wrote:
al_c wrote:
NiTrus wrote:
al_c wrote:
NiTrus wrote:

it works with chrome on my PC..it wont load on ios devices...(iphone7p/ipad pro)

Did none of the report tabs work on your iDevices? I don't have any iDevices & don't normally use Safari but when I tried it this evening, I found that the reports would not load at all on my WinX laptop.

I made a small change to yamon3.3.html, found & fixed a number of CSS issues and the reports are working much better now in Safari than they were earlier this evening. There where no significant changes in Chrome or FireFox (As a general rule, I do not use (or test) the reports in MSIE.)

I just posted the updated version of yamon3.3.html to http://usage-monitoring.com/manualInstall.php... go there to get the latest file (or run install.sh again - but that seems like overkill for just one file). I've also updated `yamon3.3.css` in the /current directory. As always when the CSS and/or JS files are updated, you might have to hit <ctrl>+F5 to clear the old versions from the cache.

Al

all tabs work, live updates dont update every 30secs..i tryed updating to latest files, no change, live update still not updating..

edit: looks like its updating every minute, started with 2 mins..good enough for me..

Al I use Safari on a MacBook Pro as well as on my iPhone and the live updates have stopped working recently. If I use Firefox it works and I can see the live data being posted correctly to the YAMon log files. I think it must be a Safari thing, but it's not a huge deal and I thought I'd pass it along.

Never mind, my bad and false alarm on this. I have a new router, the Asus RT-AC66U_B1, which was flashed with dd-wrt Asus RT-AC68U C1 (same hardware). When I used the latest build, I noticed the USB's were not mounting correctly. I decided to go back to the last version of 2016 and the USB's and YAMon3 worked perfectly.

Subsequently I am now running DD-WRT v3.0-r31575M kongac (03/21/17) (because the latest had the usb issues as well, and again using the build for Asus RT-AC68U C1 for the Asus RT-AC66U_B1) and all is working as well whether Safari or Firefox.

***RIP***TRENDnet TEW-811DRU***FRIED***

al_c
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2017 20:43    Post subject: Reply with quote
bluzfanmr1 wrote:
bluzfanmr1 wrote:
al_c wrote:
NiTrus wrote:
al_c wrote:
NiTrus wrote:

Al

Never mind, my bad and false alarm on this. I have a new router, the Asus RT-AC66U_B1, which was flashed with dd-wrt Asus RT-AC68U C1 (same hardware). When I used the latest build, I noticed the USB's were not mounting correctly. I decided to go back to the last version of 2016 and the USB's and YAMon3 worked perfectly.

Subsequently I am now running DD-WRT v3.0-r31575M kongac (03/21/17) (because the latest had the usb issues as well, and again using the build for Asus RT-AC68U C1 for the Asus RT-AC66U_B1) and all is working as well whether Safari or Firefox.

Thanks for the update. Glad to hear that everything is working.

Al
scope2
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 17:43    Post subject: Reply with quote
Something strange has happened to my YAMon tables.. They all report 'NaN' as the number, however the graphs (and percentage values) appear to show the correct data..

Edit: Back to normal now.. strange. (I tried refreshing a number of times, just in case).
al_c
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 18:20    Post subject: Reply with quote
scope2 wrote:
Something strange has happened to my YAMon tables.. They all report 'NaN' as the number, however the graphs (and percentage values) appear to show the correct data..

Edit: Back to normal now.. strange. (I tried refreshing a number of times, just in case).

LOL... you must've caught me in the middle of some house keeping to tidy up the HTML & Javascript. I just posted an update to `yamon3.3.html` (see http://usage-monitoring.com/manualInstall.php)

I think things should work reasonably well now with the old version of `yamon3.3.html` but updating (and forcing a refresh (<ctrl>+F5) would be best).

Brief summary of the updates:

• I moved from custom attributes for many of the rows in the tables to `data-*` attributes ... things worked the old way but the HTML gods frown on doing things the old way
  • I tidied up/simplified things relating to the display units of numbers in the tables

You'll also see on the Manual Install page that I've made some small tweaks to `h2m.sh` & `hourly2monthly.sh` (this is not a significant update... I made some minor changes to [hopefully] address what I think is a very particular firmware issue that causes extra `.` characters to appear in the monthly usage file (I've had reports of this issue from just one or two users so far).

As always, your feedback is appreciated.

Al
scope2
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 18:29    Post subject: Reply with quote
al_c wrote:
scope2 wrote:

LOL... you must've caught me in the middle of some house keeping to tidy up the HTML & Javascript. I just posted an update to `yamon3.3.html` (see http://usage-monitoring.com/manualInstall.php)

Yes I did think that might have been the case. Smile
al_c
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 18:31    Post subject: Caution re:updating your firmware Reply with quote
From a YAMon user:
Quote:
Just to inform you that versions of DDWRT AFTER r33006 are no longer auto mounting USB drives when rebooted.

I would delay updating your firmware until this issue has been resolved...

I've not tested this yet myself (and don't really want to...)

Al
ddaniel51
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 14:15    Post subject: Re: Caution re:updating your firmware Reply with quote
al_c wrote:
From a YAMon user:
Quote:
Just to inform you that versions of DDWRT AFTER r33006 are no longer auto mounting USB drives when rebooted.

I would delay updating your firmware until this issue has been resolved...

I've not tested this yet myself (and don't really want to...)

Al

Kong's 33010 auto's ok on the R7800 & R8500. I don't test BS's.

Wired AP 3 Unifi Wifi 6 LR US 1Gb LAN
Syslog Services Asustor 7110T NAS 10GB
NetGear XS716T 10GB Switch
download1.dd-wrt.com/dd-wrtv2/downloads/betas/ (Brain Slayer)
YAMon https://usage-monitoring.com/index.php
mac913
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2017 21:08    Post subject: Reply with quote
I've been testing a families's E3000 with Brian Slayer's 33006 K3.10.107 (to upgrade an aging Tomato Build). I using a USB Flash Drive formated to NTFS.

Loaded on USB...
- Entware-ng
- YAMon 3.3.2 with enabled IPv6 via TunnelBroker (HE)

No issues USB auto mounting on Power-Up and Reboot. YAMon 3.3.2 has been running fine too.

Off Site 1

R7000 - Gateway & WiFi & WireGuard - DDWRT r54517 Std
E3000 - Station Bridge - DDWRT r49626 Mega K4.4

Off Site 2

R7000 - Gateway & WiFi - DDWRT r54517 Std
E2000 - Wired ISP IPTV PVR Blocker - DDWRT r35531

YAMon 3.4.6 | DNSCrypt-Proxy V2
sigmax
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 15:30    Post subject: Yamon hml 3.3.4 is not working ok on tp-link archer c9 Reply with quote
Al,

I did a manual update of your zip package, now it states: HTML: 3.3.4 / Script: 3.3.2

It does not work.

I mean by this, with luck upon resetting the router, it works for an hour. After that, the web interface (if it is still working) shows no data usage.

If I do a "ps" on the router, I can still see the process for YAMon running there.

I can stop it and start it and it won't work.

If I reboot the router, PERHAPS (1 out of 3 times) it starts to record usage again.

But for the period of earlier time that it had stopped working, there is no usage data (which means that it was not only the web user interfase not working, but the actual YAMon script has stopped recollecting data).

At one time, the html interface told me that it could not read the hourly data file. I inspected the file only to find the text insde truncated in the middle of one text line.

Also the html interface started giving problems. Most of the time it eats up completely my (i7 high end) macbook processor.

Others, it just seat there not loading the YAMon interface, or as I got it right now, It presents the YAMon interfase but in blank inside. No data presented, just a white space, enclosed by the Yamon buttons for daily, monthly etc. in top.

All in all, a "catastrophic" failure, on all fronts, both inside the router, and on the html / javascript side, which evidently can't cope with the (lack of) (truncated) (whatever) data the router is presenting.

The router is working OK, on other fronts, no problem, the firmware is the one corresponding to June 1st which was the one that made YAMon work "almost" ok in earlier versions.

Regards,

Enrique.
al_c
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 15:48    Post subject: Re: Yamon hml 3.3.4 is not working ok on tp-link archer c9 Reply with quote
sigmax wrote:
Al,

I did a manual update of your zip package, now it states: HTML: 3.3.4 / Script: 3.3.2

It does not work.

I mean by this, with luck upon resetting the router, it works for an hour. After that, the web interface (if it is still working) shows no data usage.

If I do a "ps" on the router, I can still see the process for YAMon running there.

I can stop it and start it and it won't work.

If I reboot the router, PERHAPS (1 out of 3 times) it starts to record usage again.

But for the period of earlier time that it had stopped working, there is no usage data (which means that it was not only the web user interfase not working, but the actual YAMon script has stopped recollecting data).

At one time, the html interface told me that it could not read the hourly data file. I inspected the file only to find the text insde truncated in the middle of one text line.

Also the html interface started giving problems. Most of the time it eats up completely my (i7 high end) macbook processor.

Others, it just seat there not loading the YAMon interface, or as I got it right now, It presents the YAMon interfase but in blank inside. No data presented, just a white space, enclosed by the Yamon buttons for daily, monthly etc. in top.

All in all, a "catastrophic" failure, on all fronts, both inside the router, and on the html / javascript side, which evidently can't cope with the (lack of) (truncated) (whatever) data the router is presenting.

The router is working OK, on other fronts, no problem, the firmware is the one corresponding to June 1st which was the one that made YAMon work "almost" ok in earlier versions.

Regards,

Enrique.

Sorry to hear that you are having problems on your router. I have not gotten similar reports from other users... which means that either it is something related to your configuration or that you are the only one dedicated enough to report the issue.

Can you set logLevel=0 in config.file and then send them to me (in particular, I'm interested in seeing what happens at or about the time that YAMon craps out).

Have you tried swapping out your USB drive?

I'm afraid at this point I can only ask questions not offer solutions.

TIA for your assistance with this!

Al
sigmax
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 16:18    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi Al,

Thx for your quick answer. As a first measure, I just updated my DD-WRT firmware into the latest version.

It is known that this new version does not mount automatically the USB flashdrive, but I can cope with that.

I also did an upload of the three files you mention as "recently edited / updated" (which I strongly think they were already inside my router since I updated it with your latest zip a couple of days ago).

At this very moment, everything is working again. I will closely monitor YAMon behavior. If it stops working, I will follow your instructions and see what is going "from the inside" ...

At one point I was afraid of the filesystem inside the flashdrive, maybe it got corrupted or something like that. But now, that I upgraded the firmware, and made the flashdrive to be mounted manually, it seems fine.

Regards,
Enrique
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 113, 114, 115 ... 149, 150, 151  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 114 of 151
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> General Questions All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: