Client bridge issues

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Marvell MVEBU based Hardware (WRT1900AC etc.)
aim1999x
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 10:11    Post subject: Client bridge issues Reply with quote
I have a couple computers connected to client bridge via ethernet.This was also an issue with only one computer connected to the bridge. Bridge is connected via Wifi to AP that is connected to router. Both computers are windows 10. What happens is that internet will not work after few minutes of resetting the network settings but internal network connection works. I tried replacing the bridge , I messed with every possible setting on sonicwall (main router / firewall). Did crapload of troubleshooting on the computers no difference always same result. Was about to give up , final thing I tried is to run an ethernet cable to a win 7computer next room and see if it will have same issue. It didn't. Not only that but as long as that computer is connected to bridge there is no issue with the other 2 computers. So I thought maybe it just needs win 7 computer connected to bridge, so I connected a small atom box to the router and disconnected the computer from other room. All stopped working again. Plugged the other computer back and it is working again. As long as that computer is plugged in everything works. Nothing special about that computer. Network connection is configured to auto.

Can someone explain to me WTF is going on. I can't have wire running across the hallway just so this can work properly. Router is sonicwall soho, AP is WRT1900AC running DDWRT, client bridge is WRT3200ACM running DDWRT (it was supposed to be AP but signal was shit). I got plenty other devices connected to wifi and everything works great.
Sponsor
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Marvell MVEBU based Hardware (WRT1900AC etc.) All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: