Phone says VPN connected, but not seeing network shares

Zippy1970
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 14:12    Post subject: Phone says VPN connected, but not seeing network shares Reply with quote
I have dd-wrt Kong 22000M (usb-ftp-samba3-vpn-nv60k-broadcom) flashed on my E4200. VPN is turned on and when I connect using VPN with my Android phone, it says it's connected.

However, I can't see my network shares on my phone and when I check the IP address of my phone, it's still a WAN address, and not a local 192.168.xxx.xxx address.

So what am I doing wrong here?
Sponsor
hubermania
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 1:43    Post subject: Reply with quote
Paste the contents of your /tmp/openvpn/openvpn.conf file. I'll assume you want all traffic to go through the tunnel, so go to the Services->VPN tab, enable Advanced Options, and make sure Redirect Gateway is enabled. Also, what OpenVPN app and version are you using?
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 6:47    Post subject: Reply with quote
Sorry for the extremely late reply but I haven't had the time to pursue this any further (but now I have).

I'm not using OpenVPN, I'm using the PPTP Server. This used to work just fine with an older version of dd-wrt I used to have installed.
Zippy1970
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 13:30    Post subject: Reply with quote
Quarterly Bump. Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Advanced Networking All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: