WRT 1900 r33257 guest network setup?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Marvell MVEBU based Hardware (WRT1900AC etc.)
Rural_Geek
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 20:37    Post subject: WRT 1900 r33257 guest network setup? Reply with quote
Hello everyone. I am new to this DD WRT stuff. So sorry if I am asking old dumb questions. I have been bench setting up my wrt-1900ac v2 (at least that is what it says on the bottom but I think its an ACS no fan). I am trying to get it all setup and understood before I put it on line.I have it flashed and almost setup except for the Guest Network.

My questions are about the setup of a guest network. Now I am reading through FLashrouters setup but it differed from this router. To start off with do you have any links to a good set up page that I can read for modern revision? The parts that I am not sure about are to do with advanced settings in the Virtual interface ath1.1. Like the Network Configuration I read it is to be unabridged, but Flashrouters shows it Bridged. I'll start with this and go from there.

Thank you for any and all help, to learn this cool stuff

Current Build DD-WRT r33375
Sponsor
mikeregister
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 20:45    Post subject: Re: WRT 1900 r33257 guest network setup? Reply with quote
Rural_Geek wrote:
Hello everyone. I am new to this DD WRT stuff. So sorry if I am asking old dumb questions. I have been bench setting up my wrt-1900ac v2 (at least that is what it says on the bottom but I think its an ACS no fan). I am trying to get it all setup and understood before I put it on line.I have it flashed and almost setup except for the Guest Network.

My questions are about the setup of a guest network. Now I am reading through FLashrouters setup but it differed from this router. To start off with do you have any links to a good set up page that I can read for modern revision? The parts that I am not sure about are to do with advanced settings in the Virtual interface ath1.1. Like the Network Configuration I read it is to be unabridged, but Flashrouters shows it Bridged. I'll start with this and go from there.

Thank you for any and all help, to learn this cool stuff

Read the thread that I started a few below this thread at this moment which is titled "WRT3200ACM Guest Network VPN".

I also followed the FlashRouter instructions and mine is working perfectly. They are using a Netgear routing which had some different options, but I just ignored them and made sure everything else was exactly the same.

The only issue I had was with VPN because I have the guest network setup on VPN, but I just had to disable SFE because it breaks it.

DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 21:09    Post subject: Reply with quote
mikeregister Thank you for the response That is where I started to read your post that is what got me thinking about it.

I am not using a vpn so I should be ok that way.

If i leave the network configuration as Bridged the guest network won't have access to my main wireless network and computers on that said network?

Rural_Geek
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 21:21    Post subject: Reply with quote
What is the "Optional DNS Target" for?

mikeregister
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 21:24    Post subject: Reply with quote
Rural_Geek wrote:
mikeregister Thank you for the response That is where I started to read your post that is what got me thinking about it.

If i leave the network configuration as Bridged the guest network won't have access to my main wireless network and computers on that said network?

I'm not an expert here, but from my understanding there is no way for them to connect to each other.

As far as your other question, I do not know what an Optional DNS Target is.

DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 21:26    Post subject: Reply with quote
mikeregister wrote:
Rural_Geek wrote:

I'm not an expert here, but from my understanding there is no way for them to connect to each other.

As far as your other question, I do not know what an Optional DNS Target is.

Thank you mikeregister.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Marvell MVEBU based Hardware (WRT1900AC etc.) All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: