wrt 1900asc vs the wrt-3200 acm

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Marvell MVEBU based Hardware (WRT1900AC etc.)
Rural_Geek
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 17:09    Post subject: wrt 1900asc vs the wrt-3200 acm Reply with quote
Eh, everyone i have been playing with the 1900 for a week now i was on the latest build and found i was having some issues. So i was wondering if it is worth it to get the 3200 and put the 1900 on the shelf. I know i can tinker with the 1900 more to get it working. I was just wondering what you all thought.

Current Build DD-WRT r33375
Sponsor
slimbrick87
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 19:02    Post subject: Re: wrt 1900asc vs the wrt-3200 acm Reply with quote
Rural_Geek wrote:
Eh, everyone i have been playing with the 1900 for a week now i was on the latest build and found i was having some issues. So i was wondering if it is worth it to get the 3200 and put the 1900 on the shelf. I know i can tinker with the 1900 more to get it working. I was just wondering what you all thought.

I've been running a Linksys WRT1900ACS V2 with r33215 successfully for a number of weeks. No unscheduled reboots and my wireless connections all perform well as measured by iperf. I haven't updated primarily because I've seen complaints on this forum regarding more recent versions. So, I'll wait until those kinks are worked out before I upgrade.
Rural_Geek
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 19:16    Post subject: Re: wrt 1900asc vs the wrt-3200 acm Reply with quote
slimbrick87 wrote:
Rural_Geek wrote:

I've been running a Linksys WRT1900ACS V2 with r33215 successfully for a number of weeks. No unscheduled reboots and my wireless connections all perform well as measured by iperf. I haven't updated primarily because I've seen complaints on this forum regarding more recent versions. So, I'll wait until those kinks are worked out before I upgrade.

Ill take a look at r33215. I am just wondering if there is a big difference between the 1900 and the 3200.I admit yesterday I tried LEDE. I like some of it but I like this forum better.

What is this iperf that you are talking about? DO I need to have it on the router or run that off the computer?

slimbrick87
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 20:26    Post subject: Re: wrt 1900asc vs the wrt-3200 acm Reply with quote
Rural_Geek wrote:
slimbrick87 wrote:
Rural_Geek wrote:

Ill take a look at r33215. I am just wondering if there is a big difference between the 1900 and the 3200.I admit yesterday I tried LEDE. I like some of it but I like this forum better.

What is this iperf that you are talking about? DO I need to have it on the router or run that off the computer?

iperf is a command line tool that performs network throughput tests. You definitely do not need it to get your router up and running. However, once the router is functioning, you can use iperf as a server on one computer in your LAN and as a client on another to measure your network performance. Here's a website on how to do it with Macs:
https://www.macobserver.com/tmo/answers/how-to-test-speed-home-network-iperf
Rural_Geek
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 20:44    Post subject: Reply with quote
Awesome Slim Thank you for the info I appreciate it.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Marvell MVEBU based Hardware (WRT1900AC etc.) All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: