WNDR3700v2 radios not broadcasting

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
netrixtardis
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 3:53    Post subject: WNDR3700v2 radios not broadcasting Reply with quote
during a rush of an evening, I mistakenly flashed my WNDR3700v2 with the v1 bin of 33215. I only discovered my mistake too late, and the device was boot looping. I was able to perform a TFTP re-flash with the correct version, however after getting the configuration redone I noticed the device was not actually broadcasting on the wireless.

the sysinfo page showed the wireless having unknown for the channel. I was able not able to see the SSID from my android phone using wifi analyzer.

I performed a reset from the GUI, with no change. Performed a "mtd -r erase nvram", no change.

I TFTP flashed back to netgear's latest firmware, and found the radios broadcasting. Flashed back to DD-WRT, radio's don't broadcast.

I have gone as far as "wiping" the device:
mtd erase nvram
mtd erase linux
TFTP netgear latest firmware
reset device from netgear firmware
verified radios broadcasting
flash DD-WRT r32170 --- radios no longer broadcasting.

anyone have any other ideas or what I could do at this point?
Sponsor
netrixtardis
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 1:02    Post subject: Reply with quote
Well after numerous flash/reflash/stock/tftp/etc. I was able to fix the issue. I had to flash all the way back to netgear 1.0.0.8, then flash a build from 2015 (r28598) then up to r33215 and now it's back to normal. I don't think either 32170 or 33215 could not be TFTP flashed.

Not sure what to make of all of this, but this event took way too long to fix.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: