DIR-810L B1 losting 5Ghz wifi (drops, comes back)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware
danlane1509
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2017 18:56    Post subject: DIR-810L B1 losting 5Ghz wifi (drops, comes back) Reply with quote
Hardware Dlink DIR-810L B1
Firmware is DD-WRT v3.0 r33413

Here's what I am ultimately looking to do: connect to an xfinitywifi hotspot as a client bridge, and repeat that to another unit so that I can actually use the wifi in my shop space (it's rented, I have comcast at home, and the store down a bit has comcast as well and is broadcasting the xfinitywifi)

That part I have working for WIRED direct clients. it's when I tried to put the signal back out on the 5Ghz that I had an issue I was seeing the AP sometimes and sometimes not.

Thinking I had mangled the config doing something weird. I defaulted back to factory defaults and started over.

I changed the 5G side to require a pre-shared key, changed the IP address of the router.

Changed the 5G SSID to dd-wrt5 so I can see it more easily.

At this point I see the 5G going up and down from my phones wifi analyzer. It'll be up for 30 seconds to a minute and then down for about 30 seconds.

to further troubleshoot I did the exact same config on then second DIR-810L I bought for this purpose. I am seeing the exact same behavior.

Thanks!
Sponsor
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: