VLAN Tagging - WDR-4300

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
cyberws
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 13:16    Post subject: VLAN Tagging - WDR-4300 Reply with quote
I am trying to use a TP-Link WDR4300 as an access point for use with a WiFi service provided by a third party.

I need to tag Wifi data from the WDR4300 with ID 50 which is then passed on to a MikroTik router which acts as a captive portal.

I have tried using Std build 21676 and latest build 33143.

I disable DHCP. And then on the Setup -> Networking screen in the top VLAN tagging section add :-

ath0 - Tag Number 50 - Priority 0
ath1 - Tag Number 50 - Priority 0

Save settings and reboot router.

If I then connect to Wifi (in my case 2.4GHz on ath0) .. I am connected to the Internet in DHCP provided on the WAN side of the Mikrotik Router (which is set to operate transparently) ... indicating AFAIK that either tagging in not taking place or tagging is being removed prior to data being passed to the Mikrotik router.

The notes on the Wiki for the WDR4300 appear to have CLI commands which should do what I want (albeit for ID 6).

IF I repeat these commands swapping 6 for 50 however it does not work as expected. When trying this example traffic on both interfaces untagged on ath0 and tagged on ath0.1 is server from the WAN side of the Microtik router.

Can anyone shed any light on this.
Sponsor
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: