Questions about router and firmware updates (not in lists)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
MaxDes
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 20:09    Post subject: Questions about router and firmware updates (not in lists) Reply with quote
So my buffalo whr-300hp doesn't seem to be in any lists. But it came with V24SP2 Build 19438 of dd-wrt stock out of the box.... How do I get new firmware for this? The built in option to update doesn't work. I can't find my model in the compatibility lists... I'm just sort of stuck. I realize this is router specific, but I have no reference for the model's nic to work with so hopefully someone here can help....

Im just having a ton of issues with xbox live NETFLIX and torrents. Netflix on xbox live drops and says you need gold for no reason and torrents will actually blow up the router and cause a hard reset to be needed. Both with Upnp on or off and even putting things in the DMZ just for testing. So basically I would like to update the firmware from my current version of V24SP2 build 19438....
Sponsor
Per Yngve Berg
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 20:58    Post subject: Reply with quote
http://dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/WHR-HP-G300N
buddee
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2013 1:53    Post subject: Reply with quote
this is a re-branded whr-hp-g300n basically. but it is too new to have gotten community dd-wrt support as of yet, you could try the whr-hp-g300n image - but it is doubtful that it will work, as the other buffalo unit re-brands had to have specific images compiled for it in order to have community dd-wrt support.

have you emailed buffalo in regards to this matter?

Having problems with port forwarding? Check out Port Forward Troubleshooting for more info.
MaxDes
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 21:15    Post subject: Reply with quote
ahh ok a rebranded.

and yes. they don't have any new versions of the firmware and their stock firmware that isn't ddwrt is 5 months older than the ddwrt one.
jackflibb
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 20:19    Post subject: WHR-300HP Firmware CD Reply with quote
I found an old copy of the WHR-300HP firmware CD that is basically no where on the internet I can find. Here it is, for posterity.
ian5142
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 12:21    Post subject: ftp site Reply with quote
You can find the newest dd-wrt releases here: ftp://ftp.dd-wrt.com/betas/2017/

Some dd-wrt wiki pages are up to date, others are not. PM me if you find an old one.

Atheros:
Netgear R7800 x3 - WDS AP / station, gateway, QoS
TP-Link Archer C7 v2 x2 - WDS Station
TP-Link TL-WDR3600 v1 - WDS Station
TP-Link 841nd v8 - NU
D-Link 615 C1/E3/I1 x 7 - 1 WDS station
D-Link 825 B1 - NU
D-Link 862L A1 x2 - WDS Station
Netgear WNDR3700v2 - NU
UBNT loco M2 x2 - airOS

Broadcom
Linksys EA6400 - Gateway, QoS
Asus N66U - AP
Netgear WNDR3700v3 - not used
MediaTek
UBNT EdgeRouter X - switch
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: