Netgear R6400 and client mschapv2 auth. can't connect.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
ppllpp
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 15:12    Post subject: Netgear R6400 and client mschapv2 auth. can't connect. Reply with quote
I have this r6400 with Firmware DD-WRT v3.0-r33435M kongac (10/08/17). I'm using this wpa_supplicant.conf to use wl0 as a client:

ap_scan=1
fast_reauth=1
eapol_version=1
network={
ssid="XXXXX"
scan_ssid=1
key_mgmt=WPA-EAP
eap=PEAP
pairwise=CCMP TKIP
group=CCMP TKIP
phase1="peapver=0"
identity="id"
password="pass"
phase2="auth=mschapv2"
}

I tried phase2 "+mschap-v2", "+mschapv2" with and without "auth" but nothing.I see that wl0 connects to the network but fails to assign WAN IP and then disconnects(TX N/A).
Reading in the forum i saw that broadcom cards have authentication issues with mschapv2, someone can confirm whether or not if there is a solution.
thank you
Sponsor
FrankYip
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 7:17    Post subject: Reply with quote
just let you know that I updated my Tl-703N to the latest build and use the following configuration to work in client mode, with WPA2-Enterprise Eduroam, it works. You may need to put capital letters in phase2 like what the screenshot shows.

Also the older build in database does NOT work for me with the same configuration. Probably they fixed something in later build. Thanks to the guru!

Screenshot 2018-02-01 15.08.59.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  66.91 KB
 Viewed:  2983 Time(s)

Screenshot 2018-02-01 15.08.59.png

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: